Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Had a track meet today, and between events I went under the bleacher to look for stuff. Found a ton of pull tabs, but only picked up nice ones (why I picked any up I really beyond me). Also found a ton I bolts & nuts, making me question how structurally sound those bleachers were. But I did find three mismatched earrings, plus a drill bit and a nickel. Overall the hunt was both fun and successful.

And for those of you who care, I'm a distance runner, rising varsity. I ran my first sub-5 mile today at 4:54, and it felt amazing!!! I also ran my first 4x400m relay, and my split was 59 seconds, which I hear is pretty good (I prefer the mile and 2 mile to events like the 800m or 400m).

Thanks for looking, and HH to all!!

image-3230979315.jpg

Just my little Lego me, sort of a proof mark that my finds actually are mine.

Attachments

• image-1540594216.jpg
    image-1540594216.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 212
  • image-1702379079.jpg
    image-1702379079.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 212
  • image-3281059894.jpg
    image-3281059894.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Upvote 7
Nice digs:icon_thumright: Good luck next hunt:treasurechest:

What? Did I do something wrong? ;)

We always kid around saying if we could get $1 for each shot gun shell or pull tab we found we would all be millionaires.

Dang, I'd be rich! I kinda wish I had a dime for every nickel I found, so I'd have twice as much as I thought I had! ;)

image-2026151453.jpg

For some reason this picture didn't attach, not that it would have made much of a difference.

Hey all,

Had a track meet today, and between events I went under the bleacher to look for stuff. Found a ton of pull tabs, but only picked up nice ones (why I picked any up I really beyond me). Also found a ton I bolts & nuts, making me question how structurally sound those bleachers were. But I did find three mismatched earrings, plus a drill bit and a nickel. Overall the hunt was both fun and successful.

And for those of you who care, I'm a distance runner, rising varsity. I ran my first sub-5 mile today at 4:54, and it felt amazing!!! I also ran my first 4x400m relay, and my split was 59 seconds, which I hear is pretty good (I prefer the mile and 2 mile to events like the 800m or 400m).

I think that's adventurist thinking of the best kind! :icon_thumright:

I used to ALWAYS look to see what I could find on the ground wherever I went. Track meets are special to me too. I was a distance man in my youth as well. Got the 2 mile down to 10:20. Actually broke 5 mins in the first mile of it!! LOL

You just keep on looking, with a detector or without.

Good job!

And good luck on your running!

HH!

Glad you had a great track meet...and congrats on the jewelry.

I think that's adventurist thinking of the best kind! :icon_thumright:

I used to ALWAYS look to see what I could find on the ground wherever I went. Track meets are special to me too. I was a distance man in my youth as well. Got the 2 mile down to 10:20. Actually broke 5 mins in the first mile of it!! LOL

You just keep on looking, with a detector or without.

Good job!

And good luck on your running!

HH!

Thanks! My personal best best on the 2 mile right now is 10:47 as a Sophomore, very happy.

Thanks! My personal best best on the 2 mile right now is 10:47 as a Sophomore, very happy.
Yep, you're well on your way. I was a senior when I did mine. Waaaaaaay back in the paleolithic period. LOL

Happy Hunting!

Nice job, that's a very good pace for a successful senior year! I'm not trying to one up you guys, those are great times, I was fortunate to run my freshman year for Texas A&M and that extra year really got my times down. I split a 50.4 for the mile relay, was recruited for the 800m and mile, of which I went 1:55.4 and 4:18, respectively.

Not sure if I can correctly remember my 2 mile, I think it was around 9:40 but I remember my 5k which was 15:38. They whipped me into shape pretty fast!! Right now I'd have trouble breaking a 5 minute mile, I am still in good shape but gained about 30lbs of muscle after I quit running 75 miles/week and started other sports. Seems like yesterday when I was only 140lbs, can't believe it's been 5 years!

Only one regret, did a summer track program without a good long distance coach who made me run 6+ miles a day all in track spikes. I am now 24 and have bad knees.

Was just reminiscing about the good ole days of high school, I believe my sophomore year my best mile time was 4:54 as well! Freshman to senior was 5:08, 4:54, 4:40, 4:28. As a sophomore I ran the mile and 2 mile like you but junior year I had a big growth spurt and switched to 800m, mile and mile relay.

Was just reminiscing about the good ole days of high school, I believe my sophomore year my best mile time was 4:54 as well! Freshman to senior was 5:08, 4:54, 4:40, 4:28. As a sophomore I ran the mile and 2 mile like you but junior year I had a big growth spurt and switched to 800m, mile and mile relay.

Wow! I'm aiming for times like that by the end of my career. My 5k time right now is 18:23, but I'm pretty sure I could break 18 now.

Also, thanks vpnavy! I'm very proud ;)

The worst ones are the good colored pull tabs gets me every time lol congrats at the track meet!!

The worst ones are the good colored pull tabs gets me every time lol congrats at the track meet!!

Thanks! I saw a few colored ones at the meet, but for some reason decided not to pick them up.

Nice job, that's a very good pace for a successful senior year! I'm not trying to one up you guys, those are great times, I was fortunate to run my freshman year for Texas A&M and that extra year really got my times down. I split a 50.4 for the mile relay, was recruited for the 800m and mile, of which I went 1:55.4 and 4:18, respectively.

Not sure if I can correctly remember my 2 mile, I think it was around 9:40 but I remember my 5k which was 15:38. They whipped me into shape pretty fast!! Right now I'd have trouble breaking a 5 minute mile, I am still in good shape but gained about 30lbs of muscle after I quit running 75 miles/week and started other sports. Seems like yesterday when I was only 140lbs, can't believe it's been 5 years!

Only one regret, did a summer track program without a good long distance coach who made me run 6+ miles a day all in track spikes. I am now 24 and have bad knees.

Yep, those were the days. I went down a different path though, started doing marathons. Got pretty good at them too. But, I just couldn't dedicate the time necessary to go the Olympics. And, I know about bad coaches as well. One thing that went unnoticed, (and I suspect still is), is that ALL the running, practice or otherwise is in the same direction on the track. IT IS A BAD THING!!!

If your coach isn't doing it, I STRONGLY suggest you do some running the other way around the track. One way only develops TOO MUCH one sided wear and tear on one side of the joints!!

Now, that said, back to finding treasure. LOL

HH!

I picked up over 300 in one small section of bleachers using a detector.I also scored one 18k ring shaped like a fish,and an 18k religous Mary pendant. There is no easy way around it.....You have to dig tabs to get the gold.Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back