Pull tabs, a dead snake &...

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A 1943 nickel! Went to an old grade school lot that Is my go to spot for quick clad. I take the grandkids there for the quick rewards. Today I pull up to my parking spot to find a 4 ft dead rat snake covered in flys. The smell was great too. Did I mention this is in town?
I carry on with the task at hand digging my usual foil and pull tabs, but today I have heightened enthusiasm due to some new information from a friend. He told me his dad 80 something. Used to play football there and some church ladies would sell hot dogs for 5 cents.
Sure enough, under a pull tab the Pro pointer alerts me to more goodies! My first nickel! The info must be correct. I continue on and fine 2 wheaties 1934 and one I still can't make out the date. Might not be too exciting for you seasoned hunters but I'm pretty excited.
The fact that my friend leaked out such privileged information is pretty unusual for around here. That ranks right up there with giving directions to the best fishing hole or mushroom hot spot (morels that is)
The most exciting thing I brought home from todays outing is yet a better understanding of my 250 with success at 6".
Happy Hunting!!

Upvote 1

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds - add pictures next time Maburger.

OP
OP
Maburger

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't think anyone would be too interested in the nickel and 2 wheaties. I did think about taking a picture of the snake tho!!

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A 1943 nickel! Went to an old grade school lot that Is my go to spot for quick clad. I take the grandkids there for the quick rewards. Today I pull up to my parking spot to find a 4 ft dead rat snake covered in flys. The smell was great too. Did I mention this is in town?
I carry on with the task at hand digging my usual foil and pull tabs, but today I have heightened enthusiasm due to some new information from a friend. He told me his dad 80 something. Used to play football there and some church ladies would sell hot dogs for 5 cents.
Sure enough, under a pull tab the Pro pointer alerts me to more goodies! My first nickel! The info must be correct. I continue on and fine 2 wheaties 1934 and one I still can't make out the date. Might not be too exciting for you seasoned hunters but I'm pretty excited.
The fact that my friend leaked out such privileged information is pretty unusual for around here. That ranks right up there with giving directions to the best fishing hole or mushroom hot spot (morels that is)
The most exciting thing I brought home from todays outing is yet a better understanding of my 250 with success at 6".
Happy Hunting!!

Sounds like you need to go back and dig more pull tab signals! Very nice finds! Hey I still get excited digging wheaties. You never know when that wheat penny might be a key date!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Groovy finds & love the way you tell the story! :icon_thumright: Love morels also, lol. :tongue3: HAVE FUN & GET READY FOR GOOD SILVER THERE! Andi

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ma, I can promise you, when I find a wheat, it's a good dig to me! It tells me I have found something other diggers have missed and that eventually I'm going to find something really good. Just keep on believing the next dig is the one! Good luck and keep a sense of humor.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread