What's new

Quality beats quantity

relic nut

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
7,277
Golden Thread
1
Location
VA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to a Confederate site today that we have hunted a few times. This site was hammered by the old timers but it always seems to give a little. I found two CS Richmond Sharps, what looks like two fired round balls (small) a nice 1883 IH penny, small anchor button ( civilian I think) an old lighter and a small brass buckle. Also found part of an old Jack knife. Had a good day. Thanks for looking. uploadfromtaptalk1457207869404.webpuploadfromtaptalk1457207879968.webpuploadfromtaptalk1457207888382.webp

HH, Relic Nut
 
Upvote 24
LOOKING GOOD THERE! NICE FINDS YOU MADE!!
 
You got that right r n, quality is always better than quantity. :thumbsup:
 
very nice finds relic. The Richmond bullets and button are very sweet man. Not sure but the buckle looks earlier then the rest to me?
 
Any writing on the bottom of the lighter?

Congrats on the finds.
 
Any writing on the bottom of the lighter?

Congrats on the finds.
Yes, it says Hurricane.... Made in Australia, and a patent date that I can't make out. How old you think?

HH, Relic Nut
 
Yes, it says Hurricane.... Made in Australia, and a patent date that I can't make out. How old you think?

HH, Relic Nut

I find Hurricane lighters made in Austria not Australia. Any chance you read it wrong?
 
Nice finds.
And I definitely agree with quality over quantity. I'd rather come home with one or two great finds than a bag of 50 clad coins any day.
 
Awesome quality finds - congrats! Thanks for sharing them with us & wishing you many more.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom