Quality not quantity. Tough on East Coast Haitian Phoenix button, 1857 Trime in muddy woods. some old beers out of muddy bay.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was probably the most miserable hunt I've been on since I started detecting. Low 50s out, started pouring in woods after only 90 min of my hunt. All I had was a ton if ammo and a lot of mud on me. Then I got past dry stream bed and bam a button that to me looked like an odd eagle at the time. Well it's not an eagle it's a Phoenix. Made for Henri Christophe the only monarch of Haiti who rulled 1811-1820. Seems by the time the buttons he ordered from England go to Haiti the monarch was dead. Buttons ended up being acquired by a trader named Nathaniel Wyeth who used buttons for trade with native Americans near Fort Vancouver. Apparently they are sometimes dug in pacific northwest. But rarely dug on east coast. Quite the journey for a button.

Trime was an iffy signal and a bucket lister. I didn't last much longer after trime. Packed up car. Rain stopped. go figure. But I was cold so I still left.

Took advantage of a negative tide at bottle bay and pulled an early crown cork Christopher Moerlein Brewing Cincinnati Ohio pre ww1. Seam doesn't go over lip and stops part way up. Nice bubbles. Winner is the blob top J& P Baltz Brewing Philadelphia with beer barrels embossed on the bottle itself. It was located near the old Philadelphia Athletics stadium.

Attachments

• 20221127_190614.jpg
    20221127_190614.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 20221127_192140.jpg
    20221127_192140.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 20221127_213421.jpg
    20221127_213421.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 25

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was probably the most miserable hunt I've been on since I started detecting. Low 50s out, started pouring in woods after only 90 min of my hunt. All I had was a ton if ammo and a lot of mud on me. Then I got past dry stream bed and bam a button that to me looked like an odd eagle at the time. Well it's not an eagle it's a Phoenix. Made for Henri Christophe the only monarch of Haiti who rulled 1811-1820. Seems by the time the buttons he ordered from England go to Haiti the monarch was dead. Buttons ended up being acquired by a trader named Nathaniel Wyeth who used buttons for trade with native Americans near Fort Vancouver. Apparently they are sometimes dug in pacific northwest. But rarely dug on east coast. Quite the journey for a button.

Trime was an iffy signal and a bucket lister. I didn't last much longer after trime. Packed up car. Rain stopped. go figure. But I was cold so I still left.

Took advantage of a negative tide at bottle bay and pulled an early crown cork Christopher Moerlein Brewing Cincinnati Ohio pre ww1. Seam doesn't go over lip and stops part way up. Nice bubbles. Winner is the blob top J& P Baltz Brewing Philadelphia with beer barrels embossed on the bottle itself. It was located near the old Philadelphia Athletics stadium.
Awesome Trime!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really nice recoveries on the button and the Trime.
Liking the 2 embossed bottles.
Well worth taking some rain, and cooler temps.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

trime is magnificent

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
trime is magnificent
I think I caught it with shovel very lightly. It's just surface line on back very superficial. Front there's one little scratch on the star. It was a pain because I had a signal and I think I pushed it a little deeper into ground cutting the plug so it didn't come up anymore on detector. Pin pointer found it eventually.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I really like that Phoenix button and was fortunate enough to find/post a really nice one myself in August of last year. I know at least one poster to this site has found a lot of them, but that was on the west coast. I do think they are an uncommon find on the east coast. Trimes also don’t come up often, at least not for me, and yours looks real nice. Congrats on all the finds, including the cool bottles..

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think I caught it with shovel very lightly. It's just surface line on back very superficial. Front there's one little scratch on the star. It was a pain because I had a signal and I think I pushed it a little deeper into ground cutting the plug so it didn't come up anymore on detector. Pin pointer found it eventually.
I do see the scratch upon further examination but it's very negligible, do not feel badly small silver very hard to pinpoint sometimes and it's a coin most people will never find! I found an awesome carved bullet last week and just gouged the living &^*% outta it but such is life, I also seem to love smacking mercury dimes around......better than doing it to the barbers I guess (way more keydates anyway). Take care HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions