What's new

Quantum XT

Tony

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hey Everyone,
This year for Christmas I bought my 12 year old daughter a White's Quantum XT. Neither of us have any metal detecting experience and are really just trying to muddle our way through this. If anyone has any tips or tricks for us and how to set up the detector, it would be really helpful. We were planning on searching in fields, old home sites, and parks. Thanks :icon_jokercolor:
 
Have you checked to see if a manual is available? Monty
 
Yes Monty I do have the manual, but I'm looking for the kind of information that you just don't find there. Thanks :icon_jokercolor:
 
do a search there is a small write up on the QXT and Quantum xt, ive had one of each i ran them wide open and had set low tone for iron and high for everything else, they seem to run faster this way, with out all the garble of the processor trying to discriminate things out, i think it might be a little heavy for a 12 yr old, great relic machine , ive been keeping an i out for a deal on another one, so i can use it and let my 11 yr old son can use my light t-2. i research the qxt and for the price thought it had some of the best performance for the price, but as you have found out not much info is available, i think the price of these new was so close the the xlt that they got overlooked, the qxt is different than the rest of the whites line, i personally liked it better than the xlt, part of the reason i sold mine was the lack of input, but now ive ran quite a few machines and find i need a nother qxt
 
I use one & love it! Pinpointing is a breeze with it. Havent used it since before Thanksgiving so I cant give you any settings I like, if it aint too cold this weekend Im planning a trip & I'll get back to you with my set-up.

I highly recomend you create a coin garden in your backyard, bury different coins at different depths so you can see how your machine reacts. It will help your pinpointing as well as your skill in recovering the coin, learn the Quantum well and I think you & your daughter will love it!
 
Thanks for all the help. I'm glad I came here for answers. I'm also happy that everyone that has had one seems to have really enjoyed using them. I'll make sure that I learn the machine well, because it seems to be the top tip anyone has given me. Thanks again. :icon_jokercolor:
 
First, welcome to Tnet and metal detecting hobby. My first detector was a White's Classic ID. It was stolen, i wish i had it back. It took me about a year to really become proficient at identifying what was under the coil, so don't get discouraged and give up as so many do whenever they don't find great treasures just out of the box. One tip i can give is to go back over an area a year or so later that you searched as a novice and amaze yourself at what you missed. I think the presets will do just fine for now. Leave the tweaking for the experienced detectorist as a wrong adjustment may negatively affect the performance. After you have gained some experience and can identify your targets with some degree of accuracy before digging then you can start experimenting with adjustments.. Anyway, have fun. GLKUP
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom