What's new

Quarter Question

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joined a new bank today that will let me dump any amount I want with no fee's.... :hello2: and no limit per day.... :hello2: :hello2:

I told the CSR/Teller that I am a coin collector and search for coins that I need to fill my albums, also told them that my dad has several thousand half's that he had accumulated in his lifetime and I didn't feel like rolling them either. They said no
problem. Well to make a long story short, one week after setting up my accounts savings/checking I get a voice mail. It was
the teller from that bank and she wanted me to call her. I am thinking oh crap, they are going to cut me off right away.... :o,
well I returned the call. The teller said that an older gentlemen had just come in and turned in over 600.00 in quarters all still wrapped by the US Mint, she knew I collected coins and would I be interested. I told her I would come down today after work and see what was there. My question is this: There are certain years that error coins were produced in the state quarter series, can anybody tell me which years it they are?

Now I am also hoping that maybe, just maybe, they are all 1964 quarters and prior and he didn't know what he had.... :laughing7: But then, that is just a dream.. :laughing9:

Any help would be appreciated...
 
Upvote 0
Highly doubtful they are silver. Probably someboby who started a collection of state quarters and then quit when they found out that the mint is now doing "America the Beautiful"

Worse case scenerio you got some nice uncirculated quarters.
 
Kansas and Wisconsin are the biggies. Hope they are from the 50's or early 60's though.
 
dave5710 said:
Kansas and Wisconsin are the biggies. Hope they are from the 50's or early 60's though.

So do I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:
 
Yeah I'd kinda like to know about those quarters myself
 
Getting back on the quarter subject.......

If they are U.S. Mint wrappers there could be a market for them if the rolls are in good shape.

Might be able to sell them in pairs, years or the whole lot on eBay.

Mojo
 
The Wisconsin quarter came out in 2004 and has an extra leaf on the corn stalk above the cheese wheel. The Kansas quarter came out in 2005 and the bison has a hump on his hump, sort of. You can probably find pictures of both on ebay. I heard that the Wis. error quarter was released to Arizona and W. Texas. Don't know how true that is. I don't think she would of called you over State quarters or Bicenntenials for that matter. I hope not.
 
coinmojo said:
Getting back on the quarter subject.......

If they are U.S. Mint wrappers ther could be a market for them if the rolls are in good shape.

Might be able to sell them in pairs, years or the whole lot on eBay.

Mojo
Just be sure & figure in your %12 fee.
 
obediah said:
coinmojo said:
Getting back on the quarter subject.......

If they are U.S. Mint wrappers ther could be a market for them if the rolls are in good shape.

Might be able to sell them in pairs, years or the whole lot on eBay.

Mojo
Just be sure & figure in your %12 fee.

If they are indeed silver they are getting locked up. If they are the complete set of quarters in the original rolls I think I am going to snag them.
 
FreedomUIC said:
obediah said:
coinmojo said:
Getting back on the quarter subject.......

If they are U.S. Mint wrappers ther could be a market for them if the rolls are in good shape.

Might be able to sell them in pairs, years or the whole lot on eBay.

Mojo
Just be sure & figure in your %12 fee.

If they are indeed silver they are getting locked up. If they are the complete set of quarters in the original rolls I think I am going to snag them.

Just pick them all up. If there are errors, then you can cherry pick. You don't have to worry about selling on eBay. Plenty of coin dealers will pay for the mint rolled state quarters. Certain states such as Georgia command a nice premium. At a minimum, the lowest I've seen rolls of state quarters fetching are $11.25. Not a large premium for the common issues, but enough to make it worth your while. If you end up getting a complete set of P&D's, then run to your nearest Barnes and Noble and pick up some state quarter albums. Fill them up and consign them at a local auctioneer. Locals will pay moon money for common everyday coins. I sell some of my dumps (halves) this way. Fill up an album with clad and watch it fetch money for me. People will pay.
 
Diver_Down said:
FreedomUIC said:
obediah said:
coinmojo said:
Getting back on the quarter subject.......

If they are U.S. Mint wrappers ther could be a market for them if the rolls are in good shape.

Might be able to sell them in pairs, years or the whole lot on eBay.

Mojo
Just be sure & figure in your %12 fee.

If they are indeed silver they are getting locked up. If they are the complete set of quarters in the original rolls I think I am going to snag them.

Just pick them all up. If there are errors, then you can cherry pick. You don't have to worry about selling on eBay. Plenty of coin dealers will pay for the mint rolled state quarters. Certain states such as Georgia command a nice premium. At a minimum, the lowest I've seen rolls of state quarters fetching are $11.25. Not a large premium for the common issues, but enough to make it worth your while. If you end up getting a complete set of P&D's, then run to your nearest Barnes and Noble and pick up some state quarter albums. Fill them up and consign them at a local auctioneer. Locals will pay moon money for common everyday coins. I sell some of my dumps (halves) this way. Fill up an album with clad and watch it fetch money for me. People will pay.

I already have the complete state set including all the territories(sp) in BU condition from both mints in a very nice US Mint album.....
 
FREEDOM,

I'M WAITING TO SEE WHAT YOU GET. BEST OF LUCK CHAP.

~PHROSTIE
 
Wrong as usual. I came to this thread because I wanted to know about the QUARTERS myself. I WAS looking forward to coming to this thread periodically to see if any new info had been posted because I like to look for error coins.
 
[mod]TERMS OF USE VIOLATION REMOVED

FINAL WARNING !


KEEP Politics in Politics or get Banned[/mod]
 
FreedomUIC said:
Joined a new bank today that will let me dump any amount I want with no fee's.... :hello2: and no limit per day.... :hello2: :hello2:

I told the CSR/Teller that I am a coin collector and search for coins that I need to fill my albums, also told them that my dad has several thousand half's that he had accumulated in his lifetime and I didn't feel like rolling them either. They said no
problem. Well to make a long story short, one week after setting up my accounts savings/checking I get a voice mail. It was
the teller from that bank and she wanted me to call her. I am thinking oh crap, they are going to cut me off right away.... :o,
well I returned the call. The teller said that an older gentlemen had just come in and turned in over 600.00 in quarters all still wrapped by the US Mint, she knew I collected coins and would I be interested. I told her I would come down today after work and see what was there. My question is this: There are certain years that error coins were produced in the state quarter series, can anybody tell me which years it they are?

Now I am also hoping that maybe, just maybe, they are all 1964 quarters and prior and he didn't know what he had.... :laughing7: But then, that is just a dream.. :laughing9:

Any help would be appreciated...
Good luck with the quarters !
HH
Rich
 
Quarters? What were we talking about?I smell a poof coming! ;D Oh yea back to the topic - buy every roll of them and don't worry about the silly stuff - :headbang:

Maine_Jim
 
dave5710 said:
The Wisconsin quarter came out in 2004 and has an extra leaf on the corn stalk above the cheese wheel. The Kansas quarter came out in 2005 and the bison has a hump on his hump, sort of. You can probably find pictures of both on ebay. I heard that the Wis. error quarter was released to Arizona and W. Texas. Don't know how true that is. I don't think she would of called you over State quarters or Bicenntenials for that matter. I hope not.

The WIsconsin quarter has two variations. A high leaf and a low leaf. They are on the D mint mark quarters. Kansas has a grease mark across the T in trust, making it look like "In God We Rust". Theya are on the P mint quarter. Those are the two I am familiar with. I have one of the high leaf errors, and one of the Rust quarters. Both found this year from CRH. :-)
 
I was able to snag one roll of Wisc and one of Kansas. The TN and GA just were not there.
I will wait and open them on a rainy day.... :laughing9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom