What's new

Quartz Artifact?

JohnDee1

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
314
Reaction score
474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this small piece of quartz, that looks like it could maybe be something. It could just be a pointed rock as I don’t see any major flake scars, but the material may not lend itself to clear signs? I could just be seeing things, thanks again! FF65C78D-F33A-4C74-8E23-3F4257D1948B.webp 678E9D3D-B4D8-4191-A332-CA754C71237C.webp
 
Upvote 0
Need side views.
 
Just a small piece of quartz.

Time for more coffee.
 
I'll play devils advocate, I think it could be, I've seen crystal quartz points before (many in fact). It's a crappy piece of stone, but it could have been a crappy knapper.
 
Nothing in posted picture says artifact, maybe additional pictures would reveal something, right now all I see is piece of quartz rock.
 
Thanks for the responses, I’ve tried to take pictures of the sides, but I cannot get them into focus. One side is straight and the other is straight with a slight curvature near pointed end. Wishful thinking makes me want to think it’s something, but it’s probably not. Thanks again!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom