What's new

Quartz flake tool?

JohnDee1

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
314
Reaction score
474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking a small plowed section for settler pottery, when I found this quartz piece. I was wondering if it could be a flake or some type of expedient tool. It is a very strange quartz for my area, and it’s shape almost makes it look like it was knapped off of something. I don’t see any major signs of work on the edges though. Any help would be appreciated! 52FE01E8-CEFF-4D2B-A957-BF36B14FEC60.webpBDA857B9-AC39-4B37-BE91-37F6BC238409.webp6E8680FB-65DA-4508-AA12-9A8149F93EDF.webp
 
Upvote 0
The edge of that wouldn't need modification to be useable. Most ad hoc tools were used "as is."

FWIW
 
Thanks for the response. I guess with expedient tools context matters. I will certainly look for more definitive signs of habitation in that area. The fact that it might be something is intriguing, and if nothing else it is nice to look at in person.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom