What's new

Question about 100 oz. bars of silver

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the typical dimensions of a 100 oz. bar? I'm trying to figure out if one will fit in my safety deposit boxes or if I'll have to get a bigger one.
 
I think it depends on Maker but not sure.
But it can't be Much Different if there is.

Englehard 100 ozt Silver Bar
Type: 100 oz. Bar Dimensions: 5 3/4" x 3" x 1"
Minting
Dates: None Fine Silver
Content: 100.00 t oz
Weight: 100.00 t oz Fineness: .999
 
Thanks Jeff!
 
If you have them, why not just measure them, instead of asking on this site? Or are you planning on a purchase, just curious. Hope they fit.
 
Silver is at $17.89 right now.

Better Buy Soon.

There may be another Correction to $17.50

but $18 is just around the Bend.
 
OroGrande said:
Or are you planning on a purchase, just curious.

Right, when I reach 100 oz. in 40% halves (about 676 coins) I want to trade 'em in for a bar and save space.
 
Unless you know someone Figure on a 2 to 5% trade fee

so better round that off to 700 just in case
 
That's why you're the Mod Jeff...

That was my next question. My coin shop of choice wasn't big on the idea of a straight trade. Hey, it didn't hurt to ask. An extra 2%-5% sounds fair. Thanks again for the info!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom