What's new

Question About Coin Counters in Banks?

999digger

Full Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
I took some pennies back to my dump bank and I had a little less than what I figured.(about 48.50/50.00) Could this be an error on their part? I know I didn't keep 150 coins. Also I have been thinking about CRHing dimes. Is it possible that the dimes could go as a penny when you have 1000+ coins?
 
Upvote 0
999digger said:
I took some pennies back to my dump bank and I had a little less than what I figured.(about 48.50/50.00) Could this be an error on their part? I know I didn't keep 150 coins. Also I have been thinking about CRHing dimes. Is it possible that the dimes could go as a penny when you have 1000+ coins?
Dimes counted as cents? If I'm dumping $500 at a time, almost always.....I get my receipt and let the teller know, we both usually shrug it off, as it's usually only 3-5. One time it was about 45 or so, they credited my account later. Not sure how you got shorted on the cents, unless the machine is out of calibration. ffd
 
999digger said:
I took some pennies back to my dump bank and I had a little less than what I figured.(about 48.50/50.00) Could this be an error on their part? I know I didn't keep 150 coins. Also I have been thinking about CRHing dimes. Is it possible that the dimes could go as a penny when you have 1000+ coins?

Most machines are pretty good at pennies. I'd try it again knowing for sure how many you have, and then if it happens again ask the teller to check it.

Dimes? ALWAYS get screwed on dimes. I dump only dimes, and see on my receipt that 12 pennies were calculated. I know these were dimes. THey normally can check that too, and correct it.
 
I always start dumping my coins in the machine slow, and make sure it's reading them correctly. Once you know it's not screwing up, let the flow begin. I always know pretty much right on what I should be getting back. I've never had a problem yet, in fact one time I got about 7 dollars more than what I should have.
 
dimes r horrible for being counted as pennies, or not being counted at all...u should reroll them (in diff wrappers cuz banks hate rerolled fed rolls) and turn them in that way.
 
Will any bank take hand rolled coins? I would think the bank would ask me to unroll everything so they can dump it in there machine because I could be putting 49 out of 50 dimes in each roll etc.
 
999digger said:
Will any bank take hand rolled coins? I would think the bank would ask me to unroll everything so they can dump it in there machine because I could be putting 49 out of 50 dimes in each roll etc.

Bank of America will only take hand-rolled coins unless you have a prior arrangement where the coins are deposited in coin-safe bag to be counted at the rolling facility and credited to your account.
 
999digger said:
I took some pennies back to my dump bank and I had a little less than what I figured.(about 48.50/50.00) Could this be an error on their part? I know I didn't keep 150 coins. Also I have been thinking about CRHing dimes. Is it possible that the dimes could go as a penny when you have 1000+ coins?
Maybe you could try just rerolling them. So you dont have 7% fees all the time. Thats what I do.
 
Diver_Down said:
999digger said:
Will any bank take hand rolled coins? I would think the bank would ask me to unroll everything so they can dump it in there machine because I could be putting 49 out of 50 dimes in each roll etc.

Bank of America will only take hand-rolled coins unless you have a prior arrangement where the coins are deposited in coin-safe bag to be counted at the rolling facility and credited to your account.
I've been to alot of BOA branches and have never seen a counter, so they don't have much of a choice but to at least take hand-rolled coin. I wish they'd get off some of the bail out $ and buy a counter, the cheap b......s
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom