What's new

Question about dime dumping

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
For those who have experienced problems dumping dimes

1. Does dumping them alone or with pennies make a difference?

2. Do different machines make a difference?

thanx
 
Upvote 0
Quick,
I normally just dump coins of the same denomination. I think when you mix them up you have a better chance of screwing up the count. Old machines and new machines will miscount dimes as pennies.
I've found that if I pour the dimes in slowly I only lose 50-60 cents on the count.
I'll PM you with some good dump locations.
HH
Rich
 
I have never had a problem on the few occasions I searched dimes, but I may well be in the minority on that one. I think it would be a good idea to "test" the machine before dumping a large amount.
 
If I'm dumping large quantities of dimes, I actually re-roll them, but I'm very fast at doing so. You get used to just sliding them back into the rolls. If it's not a large amount, just go to a bank with a coin machine.
 
I ran $200 in hand-rolled dimes thru the counter today. My receipt showed $197.23, so the one silver Roosie I got cost me $2.67, lol! Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.
 
Fistfulll, just recently I found a nice silver rosie that was in a roll that was 13 dimes short. Someone had pushed the roll up in, kinda like the end of a brinks roll. It appeared to be full, and it actually felt solid, until I opened it and realized it was way short. So my find was kind of a wash, cost me around what the silver was even worth. Better to find it than to not find it, and then just have to stick a bunch of extra dimes back in anyway.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom