Question about mailing coins and money?

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I don't know if any of you could answer this for me or not, but the post office says you can't insure money. Understandable, but does that mean you can ship like 1 coin that is sold way higher than face value? Because technically it is money, but it isn't being sold as money really. This is probably a really stupid question, but could someone please answer this for me!

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pretty much everything I am keeping for retirement.

No offense, but I LOL'ed at that. :laughing7:

Not that I don't believe you, or that I don't approve, just rare to see someone your age saving for retirement. Wish I had started that young.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like to laugh at the expense of others, but I chuckled a little at that. :)

If I ever send something like that, I put it in a little bubble mailer or one of the envelopes that the post office sells.

A couple months back I needed to ship something in a small box, so went back to my small storage area where I knew there was some boxes. Not really paying much attention I started the process of packing, but was stopped dead in my tracks seeing the box was marked several times with $5. That would have been a whole lot of $5 bills, at least that's what the thief would have thought.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense, but I LOL'ed at that. :laughing7:

Not that I don't believe you, or that I don't approve, just rare to see someone your age saving for retirement. Wish I had started that young.

Things are going to change so much it's hard to say if that's a good idea or not. Over the next 5-10 years I imagine I am going to sell quite a pile of stuff and could build a very large collection using the profits, but I see too much risk in that to do it.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I think precious metals and old coins are just like the stock market. They go up and down, but in the end, they'll go up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions