What's new

Question about postage.

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
I received a card today in a standard envelope with standard postage. The envelope had a DO NOT BEND sticker on it. The envelope was marked Postage Due $ 4.11. The clerk said the sticker made it a parcel. I refused to pay so they are returning it to the sender. Has anybody had this problem?
 
I’ve never had that problem. Sounds like somebody (or some computer) screwed up. I’d have asked for the local postmaster to come review the situation.
 
I always write do not bend or fragile, never put a sticker on one though. But have never had an issue with writing it on an envelope.
 
I can see how some bureaucratic nonsense would cause them to do that, but I've received junk mail envelopes (i.e. - publisher's clearing house) that have had stickers on them and they didn't arrive marked 'postage due'. I agree with robertk that I'd have asked the postmaster's opinion.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom