davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work as the maintenance manager for a 100 unit condo complex. They throw everything into the dumpsters and I have my pick of what I want to take out but the idea of taking things out of the dumpsters is kinda stupid.

I would like to set up a recycling program of sorts for thier aluminum cans (gaud there has to be 100 lbs a week), their corded appliances, and their computer/electronic junk.

I've gotten a letter from the county that says, "the following items are considered to be hazardous waste and not permitted to be tossed in the dumpsters without fear of a fine" (more or less).

Any ideas as to how to set myself up as the scrap king while taking care of thier "hazardous waste" ? Opinions and answers are well appreciated.

Well if you don't have a storage unit I suggest you get one. Ideally a garage you can rent and you can work out of it. Might want to look at investing in a van or a pickup truck.

Check to see if there is a company nearby who handles TV's because starting next Feb, both Canada and the USA will be faced with an expected flood of CRT's once digital broadcasting fires up.

Do your homework and find reputable buyers for the reycled material and oh ya good luck! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back