Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumb & Dumber

:o I'm just sick, literally sick. :sad1: After reading some of the posts here and more so seeing the pics that AA had posted, it got me thinking about all the scrap metals we've been "throwing away". I just called our local scrap metal business and they told me what all they accepted. I'm in a state of :o even all the crusty, rusty iron that I've been digging up...they accept that too. Dadburnit! Right now all that stuff is sitting in the bottom of about a 10' hole. All the bent metal fence posts, barb wire, rolls of fencing, tin & aluminum from roof tops (blown off during Katrina)...man if there's a way to retrieve it. Well, I'm saving all that stuff from here on out. I do know where there's some old tractor weights...hmm!
Just think what we could had gotten for the 4 old backhoe buckets...the A$$ gave them to someone.

:wink: RR

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dumb & Dumber

That is a sad story but if you don't know you don't know. From now on put that scrap aside and make some gas $$$. I live in a farming area and old stuff is everywhere. We looked at a future scrap job and this guy has scrap for days.The old man is a pack rat and saved all his farm equipment for years. His son just wants it all removed and he only wants a small percentage of it. RR there is 8 scrap yards here and all of them compete for customers therefore the price goes up and up....aa

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ain't it amazing? some folks look down on those of us that can see the value of what they throw out. guess we can laugh all the way to the mattress cause the bank ain't gettin none of mine. Peace.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

8 trash scrappers have gone by my house, even an old couple taking the old cat litter box.. and they are still driving around here... amazing.

Dosamigos

Jul 2, 2007

Scrap is better then trash but think about the as is value. Collectors, antique'rs etc.

Haul it to the yard as bottom dollar last resort.

BCR

Jul 7, 2007
Ontario Canada

Well if it's any consolation I wish somebody told me 20 years ago about scrap metal as a way of making some extra $$.

I almost want to throw up when I think of all the popcans I ignored over the years thinking they were worthless. I now have a blue barrell out by my backdoor to pick up after the lazy kids who flock to the pizza joint at noon hour :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread