All Treasure Hunting

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A simple answer is yes, power lines effect most detectors, I am not familar with the DFX, so maybe it has a filter or settings you can use to correct and operate more smoothly while under or near the lines. My Explorer XS works great under power lines, my son's Fisher CZ70 gets the same interference you mention....

Don

willie3960

May 29, 2006
Long Isliand N.Y.
Detector(s) used
DFX .MXT.
yes my dfx goes crazy also. their is a great book on the dfx digging deeper with the dfx by jeff Foster it gets into E.M.I. interference. I have tried a lot of settings to curb this problem turning to a single frequency 15 khz an lowering sensitivity an preamp gain help but you not going to detect to deep. I have not been to happy with this detector around power lines. bigfoot coil so far has been the best that I have used to slove this problem. hope this helps you good luck.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info guys. I kinda thought that would be the answer. I think I will just stay away from them.

willie3960

May 29, 2006
Long Isliand N.Y.
Detector(s) used
DFX .MXT.
yes my dfx goes crazy also. their is a great book on the dfx digging deeper with the dfx by jeff Foster it gets into E.M.I. interference. I have tried a lot of settings to curb this problem turning to a single frequency 15 khz an lowering sensitivity an preamp gain help but you not going to detect to deep. I have not been to happy with this detector around power lines. bigfoot coil so far has been the best that I have used to slove this problem. hope this helps you good luck.

T

treasurejack

I just asked a similar question in another forum. A friend and I use to hunt a small local beach with good success, then they built a new nature center on top of the hill above the beach. We're not sure what is causing the problem but we've tried an assortment of detectors and we simply can't get rid of the interference no matter what we do? It's so bad we can't hunt this beach now, which is sad because we use to find a lot of silver and gold there.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Being a retired electrician [ I retired at 45 ] I don't know for sure what it will do to your MD but I'm an expert on what effect a live wire will have on you . It aint funny . :o :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread