GaffleBab
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Aug 4, 2017
- Messages
- 66
- Reaction score
- 106
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vancouver Island
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT MAX International
Teknetics Delta 4000
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
Alright, so I'm out yesterday at a spot I've never tried before. It's not super deep so you can mostly see to the bottom. The one spot where I cannot see the bottom I was catching onto to something but anytime I pulled I would become disconnected. After a few tries I figured it must have been one of the support chains for the dock itself or something to that effect. When I got home and was inspecting the GoPro footage I could see that it was actually on a Shopping Cart!
My question to everyone here is, do you think that a 255lb Pull Magnet is strong enough to pull in a Shopper Cart, also keeping in mind the design of the Cart and how making a solid connection may not be as easy. I probably attached to it 4 or 5 times before I moved on. I won't be in this town for much longer and the Metal Detecting here is really good but I would love to be able to pull that out...but is it possible....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
My question to everyone here is, do you think that a 255lb Pull Magnet is strong enough to pull in a Shopper Cart, also keeping in mind the design of the Cart and how making a solid connection may not be as easy. I probably attached to it 4 or 5 times before I moved on. I won't be in this town for much longer and the Metal Detecting here is really good but I would love to be able to pull that out...but is it possible....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm



When we were young, we used to hunt a dock where the older kids would swipe bikes & ghost ride them into the bay. We found 15 that had been in the water for years. Called the cops & the one cop everyone hated shows up. (Now's our chance for payback!!!) He tells us to just go over & throw them in the dumpster. NO!! We want a report & a property receipt so we can have them as found property after 90 days! He loads them all in the car getting that black oozy mud all over everything including his uniform. They had to keep this smelly pile of gunk in the property room for 90 days.
When they called to tell us no one claimed them & we could come get them, We told them........... wait for it........... We didn't want them!?!? We just didn't want to get busted for stealing them!






