What's new

Question for all you out there who search ikes!!!

engine 823

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
312
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
I have seen that some of you have ordered ( bags ) of ikes to be sent to your banks. I checked two banks today and neither can order them. They said it was not a option on their order sheet. How are you all getting these coin and if so where????
I am not that interested in the ikes except maybe finding a few 40% ikes but really would be ordering the bag on the hopes of finding a peace or morgan dollar mixed in.
Please let me know where to go to get these ordered.
 
Upvote 0
I've never asked for any bank to order them for me, but I do ask if they have any laying around, seems like 1 out of 10 banks have a few anyhow! In fact, the one teller today told me they keep them for themselves!
 
I would love to find a bag but no banks I have talked too can order them, a local coin dealer will give me $1.10 for each one, so it is a quick 10% profit
 
I normally would not post to my own question just to get it back to the top but I am interested in this and have not got an answer yet. I know some of you have bought the bags of ikes somewhere and I would like to know how.
Please fill me in

Good Hunting!!!!!!
 
The only trick to it is finding a bank with a connection to a distributor that has the coins in stock.  A couple of months back I checked with around a dozen banks. Only 1 of the banks said they could get them for me.  The teller said that you had to order $1000 at a time. I asked her to order me two of them.  She placed the order and I am still waiting.  She said that she knew that they could sometimes get them because they had done it before for another customer.

It seems many coin distributors are no longer keeping the Ikes in stock.  So the only way for many banks to get them is through customers bringing them in.  Just keep asking around. 

Good Luck.
cmhoose
 
I bet the dump banks love it when you bring in 1000 IKE's at a time....lol
 
A little over a year ago I was able to get a $1000 bag of Ikes and a partial $800 bag of Ikes. I found a peace dollar in one of the bags. The bags were in their vault and I have since asked them to order Ikes for me but they said that they are no longer in circulation and could not order them.
 
engine 823 said:
I normally would not post to my own question just to get it back to the top but I am interested in this and have not got an answer yet. I know some of you have bought the bags of ikes somewhere and I would like to know how.
Please fill me in

Good Hunting!!!!!!
Sorry, I have been busy and haven't had time. I got a few $1000 bags at a bank I buy halves at. I had asked a lot of banks but no one could get them. Then when I picked my halves up one day the teller asked if I wanted some. He said he bought bag and could get all he wanted. My brother in another part of the country can't find anyone to get them for him either. Not sure what it takes for a bank to get any.
 
all the tellers will say they can not order Ikes because it is not on their form. What I have told them is that they have to call the reserve bank and see is they have any. The reserve bank will send it with the Brinks guys or who ever. So far I have two banks willing to get them for me. My first bag came from St Louis reserve bank and the second bag came from Indianapolis. The brinks guy told my teller he might be able to get another bag in a couple of months. It take time for them to gather and drizzle in.

Thanks
Cat
 
Goes4ever, if you have a name of a dealer that is willing to buy the circulated Ikes, please pass on a name. I have several thousand I would like to get rid of. Thanks
 
TonyT said:
Goes4ever, if you have a name of a dealer that is willing to buy the circulated Ikes, please pass on a name. I have several thousand I would like to get rid of. Thanks
Ebay?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom