What's new

Question for coin collectors...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2013
Messages
1,680
Reaction score
1,690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently acquired this 1943 steel cent that is in amazing condition... Or so it looks to me. My question is: would it be worth sending off to be slabbed and graded?? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • KIMG2345.webp
    KIMG2345.webp
    421.4 KB · Views: 87
  • KIMG2346.webp
    KIMG2346.webp
    518.6 KB · Views: 75
I'm no professional coin collector, but I do collect coins. That is a great looking steel wheatie😎 its sharp! If you want one slabbed & want to spend the money, I'd say do it.
It used to cost about $45 to have it done, think it's closer to $60 now thou.
As in a collector or monetary stand point I'd say it's not worth the money to have such a standard coin graded & slabbed.
 
No, unfortunately that one, like so many has been "reprocessed". Private companies have replated tons of steel cents to make them look new. The giveaway is the glossy shine but somewhat worn devices. True uncirculated steel cents have crisper details, and more matte like surfaces. These reprocessed coins are worth only a few cents at best.
 
No, unfortunately that one, like so many has been "reprocessed". Private companies have replated tons of steel cents to make them look new. The giveaway is the glossy shine but somewhat worn devices. True uncirculated steel cents have crisper details, and more matte like surfaces. These reprocessed coins are worth only a few cents at best.
Good 👀
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom