What's new

Question For Minelab Musketeer Advantage Owners

jimmyjiver

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi, I bought a Minelab Musketeer.. When I try to ground balance it in all metal mode with the sensitivtiy set to full I get a pulsating tone and there's no tone or threshold in discriminate mode so it makes it almost impossible to ground balance it. I tried lowering the sensitivity etc. but it don't help..The pusating tone does go away when I lower the sensitivity in all metal mode though... Is a pulsating tone or threshold normal on these machines? It seems like a stable tone would work better and what I should be getting.... Do you get a stable tone or a pulsating one?..It sounds like this
(pip,,,,pip,,,,pip,,,,pip... Thanks JJ
 
Hi JJ, I can really understand your frustration especially since the Minelab Company won't even reply to your emails... I also know you searched the whole web for an answer and only come up with the conclusion that no one really knows how to properly ground balance this model or if this model has a steady threshold or a pulsating threshold....It seems like the best answer is to close your eyes pump the coil up and down while you turn the ground balance control back and forth until your finger tells you to stop.. Then and only then should you now start detecting with the confidence that you have just properly ground balanced your new Beast....I too have read that the best thing to do is hunt with the machine set in the fixed ground balance position since you can't really get a steady threshold sound to use as a reference point like you can with other machines....Please note I also read that you pump the coil up and down and turn the ground balance control until the chirping stops....Best of luck my friend it sounds like your going to need it.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom