diverrick
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jan 18, 2011
- Messages
- 278
- Reaction score
- 287
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vacaville, CA
- Detector(s) used
- Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
I just got my " new to me", used Minelab eureka gold detector last night, so I was excited to put it together and try it out. First thing I noticed was that the sliding lower mast, only slides into the top shaft up to where the control head mounting plate is. The plate is held on by two aluminum pop rivets that stick up inside the top tube, and thus prevents the lower tube from shortening up into the upper shaft any further. Is this the way it is supposed to be, or has some one monkeyed with it and added those rivets? If not rivets, what is supposed to be holding the control head mount to the upper shaft? Having never looked at one before I have no idea if this is normal or not. It is a bit long for me the way it is now, so would like to shorten it up a bit more. I may have to do some modification if those rivets are supposed to be there.
Last edited:
already BTDT. On page 8 the bracket (Item 8) that holds the control head to the upper shaft. No where does it tell you how Item 8 is attached to the shaft? nor does it say the lower shaft goes past that point? What am I missing here? Or did you not read for comprehension? I am trying to ignore your obvious dig at me. This is not the place to do that. This is supposed to be a place to help like minded people, not publicly try to embarrass them. The problem is not my ability to use the internet, but more so your inability to answer a simple innocent question with out degrading the OP in the process.







