Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who cares. Where is the filed bill saying they are taking your guns??

We care, you don't wait till bill is passed to fight, if they say they are going to raise income tax rates to 90% do you wait till bill is filed to start fighting or do you fight it from day 1?

When they talk about taking our rights we are going to fight it starting then.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, until you can actually point to someone, I will have to disregard your fantasy as any legitimate point in this discussion. I could just as well come out against the free distribution of guns by the tooth fairy. You can not prove that is not going to happen either. Until SOMEONE says ANYTHING about doing ANYTHING that resembles taking away the guns you legitimately purchased, please stop saying, "They wanna..." or "They're agonna..." or so on. The tooth fairies are not that interested in your guns.

You know,I was 12 years old before I found out for myself Santa Claus wasn't real,I was lied to all my life,by my PARENTS,although they meant well,after all,there Parents lied to them,anyway,point is,I do not need anyone to tell me what is or what isn't,any more than i need to see to take an umbrella because I see storm clouds on the horizon.May sound crazy to you,but,a lot of folks it's reality,let time be the decider,you ain't prepared,to bad for your Family,shame on you.

And if/ heaven forbid, when there is an accident and your child is shot, Who is the shame on? Both sides of this debate have disaster scenarios. I am only saying, when something REAL happens, then we should talk about it. There is nothing even PROPOSED that could be USED to take all of the guns. We are so far away from that disaster, that talking about as if it were imminent is hyperbole. I hate hyperbole because it blinds people in their attempts to come to reasonable compromise.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Dianie Feistine, Barbara Boxer are just 2 off top of my head at moment with out access to PC to search.

Also in a conversation between author and univ professor john Lott and obama (before being elected) at the chicago school of law obama told Lott he did not believe anybody should own guns.

Would you agree that there is a logical step between saying that No one SHOULD own guns, and I am going to impose my will on you and take your guns away? I believe that no one SHOULD own guns, but I also respect your right to legally purchase and own as many guns as you wish.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The ones who can't laugh are the crazy ones. They become so polarized and focused on their agenda that all humor leaves them. Those are the types I don't trust.

Did you know that laughter is the noise a fool makes when he sees himself,some times I laugh till I cry,but I AIN"T STUPID!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A logical step is already established.

"The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed."
_ 2nd Amendment Bill of Rights

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
A logical step is already established.

"The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed."
_ 2nd Amendment Bill of Rights

TH we been through this a million times. State or the federal government can still put completely constitutional restriction on guns. Everyone knows this - its con law 101.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And if/ heaven forbid, when there is an accident and your child is shot, Who is the shame on? Both sides of this debate have disaster scenarios. I am only saying, when something REAL happens, then we should talk about it. There is nothing even PROPOSED that could be USED to take all of the guns. We are so far away from that disaster, that talking about as if it were imminent is hyperbole. I hate hyperbole because it blinds people in their attempts to come to reasonable compromise.

And here we go with the what ifs...

No, we aren't far from it. In 1970 they wanted to legalize Marijuana. In the 1990's they changed it to "medicinal marijuana". Here we are today with two states that have legalized it for recreational use. The ultimate goal of the people who have lobbied for it for 60 years. Once it is on the books it is easier to modify and amend. The fight is to get it on the books. But we all knew the agenda. And they were successful. The left has played these games for years, and this is a huge drain on our budget dealing with this soft left attack in the hopes of sneaking in a suckerpunch.
We have gun laws. We have laws that deal with criminal use and possession of guns. So why more laws? Don't try to lay out a smoke screen for your fringe agenda. We've seen it all before. Give them an inch, they take a mile. Use the existing laws that are already on the books and bolster it in the courts. Stop regulating us to death in the hopes that we will one day fall for the ruse, and give up our rights. Go regulate yourself. I'll do me.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
And here we go with the what ifs...

No, we aren't far from it. In 1970 they wanted to legalize Marijuana. In the 1990's they changed it to "medicinal marijuana". Here we are today with two states that have legalized it for recreational use. The ultimate goal of the people who have lobbied for it for 60 years. Once it is on the books it is easier to modify and amend. The fight is to get it on the books. But we all knew the agenda. And they were successful. The left has played these games for years, and this is a huge drain on our budget dealing with this soft left attack in the hopes of sneaking in a suckerpunch.
We have gun laws. We have laws that deal with criminal use and possession of guns. So why more laws? Don't try to lay out a smoke screen for your fringe agenda. We've seen it all before. Give them an inch, they take a mile. Use the existing laws that are already on the books and bolster it in the courts. Stop regulating us to death in the hopes that we will one day fall for the ruse, and give up our rights. Go regulate yourself. I'll do me.

so Basic background checks to help keep guns out of the hands of those with clinical mental problems and criminals is not acceptable?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We don't need compromise....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The thing I think is interesting is 302 thinks I am talking what ifs, and I think that he is...
I would say it isn't the what if but rather when.......We will be proactive in our efforts to keep our guns. As Barney Fife used to say a lot on the Andy Griffith show "nip it, nip it in the bud!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions