What's new

Question for those w Tiger Shark and other Tesoro MD

SusanMN

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
4,563
Reaction score
4,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely love hunting with my Tiger Shark and use it for land hunting as well as water. But there are some times when some form of Target ID would be useful. But I like the feel of the Tiger Shark and the way it responds to a target. Can you share your comparison of your TS to your other Tesoro so I can decide? Thanks
 
Mostly the Tiger Shark isn't used much on land because of the extra weight water detectors have. The Silver Umax, Cibola, and Vaquero are all lighter and work about the same except have a pinpoint. Detectors with some kind of target ID either in tone or a icon aren't 100% accurate so if you rely on the id, you will miss some good targets.
 
SusanMN,

Ya, like Sandman said it's all about the weight. I hipmount my TS for water hunting and for land use (mostly beach or wet environment hunting). I am a little confused about your question. Are you asking if we like how the Tesoro ID machines are Compared to the TS? Joe
 
I've had a TS for a long time now, and have used it on land. It does work, but frankly, I find the other Tesoros better out of the water. Not only is it heavier ashore, but the TS doesnt seem to have the same depth that my other units do. I've compared them and the TS doenst hit as hard, at least IMHO.
If I were getting a Tesoro for the land, and wanted some ID features, I'd get a Golden uMax (used) or a Cortez.... probably the Golden.
 
dahut said:
I've had a TS for a long time now, and have used it on land. It does work, but frankly, I find the other Tesoros better out of the water. Not only is it heavier ashore, but the TS doesnt seem to have the same depth that my other units do. I've compared them and the TS doenst hit as hard, at least IMHO.
If I were getting a Tesoro for the land, and wanted some ID features, I'd get a Golden uMax (used) or a Cortez.... probably the Golden.

I agree! Joe
 
Once you swing a light machine, Umax, or a Vaq or cibola, you'll be spoiled. I just put a 5.75 coil on my Vaq, haven't weighed it yet, but I'll bet its 2lbs or less.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom