Question On ProPointer

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine started to stick on and I replaced battery and works fine except I sometimes experience false signal that I have attributed to mineralized soil stuck to probe but may have come frome being saturated with the strong signal of touching the find. At any rate I reset before rechecking a hole for another target.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like you are leaving it ON all the time. You need to shut it OFF after recovering every target. Only turn it on when you need it.

teak

Dec 7, 2008
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine did that either because there was dirt under the on/off button or the battery was going dead.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine does that all the time. I just slam it on the ground and it stops. If it starts again, than a strong "bang" on the ground and it quits. Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Ken~Digs

May 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When in doubt, use a hammer or DetectorPro Pistol Probe

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine does that all the time. I just slam it on the ground and it stops. If it starts again, than a strong "bang" on the ground and it quits. Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
There could be a job for you in electronics repair. As a last resort we float tested electronics equipment in the Navy by dropping the offending equipment over the side and if it floated it was good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions