Right now people are selling $50 bags of copper pennies for about $80. Last year it was $130. If you kept the copper ones for a year, and then sold them at $100, you'd be doubling your money in a year. I wish I knew of a mutaul fund that could do that! And if you "only" still get $80 for it? That's still up 60%, which isn't bad for a year. Or sell them NOW, and make 60% NOW. IN a week, instead of a year.
I'm keeping all copper pennies for now. I'm selling none. I can afford to keep the ones i have, and it's not like if i sold at 60% in a week it would be higher than 100% in a year, because it would not therefore increase my take the next week (LIke on a stock or a house) So I"m holding on, and not selling. Not at these levels. I expect to sell in about a year. But knowing that they could be sold at $80 RIGHT NOW, that makes it a lot less risky to hold onto them. Knowing I was able to sell last year at $130 also helps. It wiped out my inventory and now it is building up while the price is "down" ... at that $80 current level, which is still up 60% from what i pay for it in a box. (Did I mention that alreadY? It has what is called intrinsic value of 60%, and you get that for free! Why NOT keep copper, if you have the room?)
So I think keeping copper is worth it. Would you get a "ton" of it? Uhhh ... I'm well past a ton right now in the garage. But that's fine. It is in a cabinet (on the floor) out there, and not hurting anyone. The garage is not leaning to one side. And I"ve starting putting some on the other side of the garage too, so it won't lean to one side. LOL.
And getting 2,000 wheats a year while going through and getting those copper pennies is just a bonus. Unless you're SnB. Then you get 20,000 wheats in a year. The man's a monsta'!! :-)
What do YOU think?