What's new

Question to see whos mark is this?

pepperpump

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
971
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Question to see who's mark is this?

Alright everyone, who is the culprit that marks their halves with a little piece of scotch tape? I found a bunch of them here in northern VA? Anyone on this site? Thanks for reading as it may be interesting on the feedback about each persons markings!
Pepperpump ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Question to see who's mark is this?

I have seen coins with tape in the past it is very hard on counting machines (jams them up) so if anyone here does it they will not do it for long.
 
Re: Question to see who's mark is this?

How long has it been Snappy as these are worn down pretty good, the tape that is? Maybe they are yours ;)
Pepperpump
 
Re: Question to see who's mark is this?

PP,Rather than the tape being someones "mark",it is more likely that the coins were taped into a whitman folder sometime in the past and broke out of it and spent or deposited into a bank.

The remaining tape would stay on the coin until someone peeled it off and if they are common or newer coins than nobody would waste the time of tearing the tape off.
 
Re: Question to see who's mark is this?

schramm said:
PP,Rather than the tape being someones "mark",it is more likely that the coins were taped into a whitman folder sometime in the past and broke out of it and spent or deposited into a bank.

The remaining tape would stay on the coin until someone peeled it off and if they are common or newer coins than nobody would waste the time of tearing the tape off.

I second that notion. I usually run into the tape problem with Ikes though and not halves.
 
Re: Question to see who's mark is this?

Could be from a book but I am leaning towards mark by the number of coins I found with it. Next time I get one, I will post a pic. Thanks for the tip though!
Pepperpump ;)
 
Re: Question to see who's mark is this?

GMan00001 said:
I second that notion. I usually run into the tape problem with Ikes though and not halves.

I find that several local Chinese/Korean banks like to tape their IKEs together in small piles. Too cheap to buy wrappers I guess.
 
Re: Question to see who's mark is this?

schramm said:
PP,Rather than the tape being someones "mark",it is more likely that the coins were taped into a whitman folder sometime in the past and broke out of it and spent or deposited into a bank.

The remaining tape would stay on the coin until someone peeled it off and if they are common or newer coins than nobody would waste the time of tearing the tape off.

I must agree. Three of my silver coins have had tape or the evidence of tape. Probobaly part of a collection at some point.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom