question

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally don't have a problem with detecting old cemeteries... mainly because (as a family history researcher) I've been in my share of abandoned ones that few people even know about or even care to protect them from vandalism. I just don't pursue it because I know some people are mortified by such an act and don't want to give us all labels as "grave robbers". You and I know we're just looking for old coins, but others don't always see it that way.

You all can detect on my grave any time. As long as you're not digging 6' deep holes. ;D

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
I know of a couple of them as well but havent really thought of doing them just yet. I guess if its in the middle of nowhere the decision is how do you feel about it,you have to live with it. I would at least do around the outside of it maybe not like up on the graves,but then again I might do it all. See what sort of vibe you are picking up around there :}

trubl1096

Oct 17, 2006
Landlocked
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x/ Aquapulse/ WHITE'S II
Basically any cemetery or area of burial is sacred. It is someone's final resting place. Most states have laws already in place that would classify your actions as vandalism, desecration, and or tresspassing. Plus the grave is still owned by the family of the person placed there.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh no this old chestnut again ::)

B

Brush Creek

I would detect around the cemetery but not in the cemetery
thats just my convictions on the mater.
I know someone that detects graves and he has found things placed there like medals and jewelry
But as for me no I would not do the graves

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions