Questions about making videos...

DirtfisherGabe

Nov 28, 2008
Knoxville , TN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Spectrum XLT
Hey guys, I am receiving two different camcorders for Christmas. One is a Flip UltraHD, and the other is a Kodak Playsport also known as the Kodak Zx3. I see all sorts of cool videos about the hobby on youtube and places like that and would like to make some for myself.
What I need to know is:
1. What Programs do you use to edit or what Programs would you suggest and why?
2. What Programs would you stay away from?
3. What do you do to your videos before you consider them done?
4. What do you shoot video with?
5. What is good to know as a beginner? I am a teen, I pick up on things quickly, and I am very electronically inclined...I dont want something that is so hard to use that it wont be worth my time. Just something that gives me room to play..
Thanks for any help!
Gabe

Attachments

• Kodak Playsport.jpg
    Kodak Playsport.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 136

tulsadutch

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2010
I just saw your question, I use the Flip HD camcorder and I upload to Youtube. You can upload directly from the Flip but I don't because I record several clips to make a movie from. I use Windows Movie Maker II (comes free with xp) but Flip HD clips are not compatible with Movie Maker, so I use WinFF a free program to convert them to avi which Movie Maker II can use then I edit them and then upload to youtube. It sounds like a lot of work but we're only talking about maybe 5 minutes total to convert 10 to 15 clips to avi.

Hope it helps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread