Quick drw 2/pio.3300

smed76

Oct 22, 2012

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
The Discovery 3300 is a slow recovery machine, good machine,,just slow. I would try a smaller four inch coil if yer gonna try one..

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
All too often we get too into depth,,,,well depth does you no good if a targets recovery rate is too slow or too strong to allow for other target signals. Here's an example, I have a detector that will only hit targets 5-6 inches apart with a 8 inch coil. I will miss targets that could be in that blank spot, so instead of using a larger coil for depth, you use a smaller coil for an increase of target hits. This same detector will hit targets at half that distance with a smaller coil. The trash coils as some call them are real gems once you get the hang of them. Remember depth don't work if you can't find the right target.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
You're original question about what the better detector between the 3300 and QD II is, really boils down to which one you like to use, feel comfortable with, have confidence with or understand better. I would tell ya to get out there and try and use as many different brands, types and styles as ya can,,,enjoy!!

OP
OP
smed76

smed76

Oct 22, 2012
Well this is my 3rd.it feels good sofar,I think I upgraded to fast from my harbor freight function 9.plus the reading for gold was just stupid.im a all metal whatever I find hunter,but always hoping for a nice payday.you know.thanks 4 the help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread