Quick hunt, got a minie ball

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didnā€™t have much time, dug a lot of trash too. Will definitely have to go back when itā€™s not a million degrees.
IMG_4998.jpeg

Upvote 19
OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaned out the base and this is the first minie Iā€™ve found with any kind of design in it. So thatā€™s pretty cool, no idea what it means though.

Attachments

• IMG_4999.jpeg
    IMG_4999.jpeg
    843 KB · Views: 11

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That imprint on the bottom is a spoke mark (like the spokes of a wagon wheel). It was used by the Washington Arsenal at Fort McNair of Greenleaf Point, Washington D.C. - the origin of your bullet.
800px-Arsenal_Grounds,_Washington,_D.C._(4172423586).jpg

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing I thought was, 'how can he go this time of year in SC?'. Nice finds!
I know why, but it just sounded funny... So much for climate deniers.. hope they are enjoying this as much as the rest of us ha ha ha

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didnā€™t have much time, dug a lot of trash too. Will definitely have to go back when itā€™s not a million degrees.
View attachment 2093919
Nice haul. Yeah its too hot for me to do any swinging or anything else for that matter. Summer is my least favorite of the seasons.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cleaned out the base and this is the first minie Iā€™ve found with any kind of design in it. So thatā€™s pretty cool, no idea what it means though.
That is a star base bullet. Very nice Save. Congrat's on a nice Save of VS History.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread