Quick Hunt - Improvised method to increase coin count discovered!!!

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Forumites...

Ransacked 20 coins in 40 mins. Improved efficieny in recovery rate by employing junior to fill up my plugs affording me more time to detect and dig.

My question to you is: Do child slave labor laws apply to metal detecting? Junior is 10.

Awaiting your thoughts...

Attachments

• xtrnskul.gif
    xtrnskul.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,038
Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

No child labor restrictions, now...Can I borrow junior???

Keep safe...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, when he gets cranky and tired you got a disgruntled kid behind you with a shovel and your ears are covered up.

"KLONK!"

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
As long as he isn't getting paid...Hope he fills the holes correctly. Wish I had someone around here that I could take advantage of. LOL

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From experience, I've found that ten-year-olds catch on pretty quick. . . just watch out, or he may call in his "markers" for a new video game that will cost you ten-fold. . . for retribution :D

watercolor

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Geez...I hope not....If so my whole reasoning for having kids is lost. My oldest is 10 he is also my plug filler...My youngest boy is my human remote control and my lighter retriever... and my 3 YO daughter is great at retrieving cans of soda out of the fridge!!! Man i love my lil slaves...hehe

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yes, you are clearly in violation of the law! Any person under the age of 18 is not permitted to do any type of "excavation" in Ohio....well maybe you are ok. As long as he is not digging . ;)

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
i think its fine,once the plugs are repaired properly. ;)

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
outraged said:
Geez...I hope not....If so my whole reasoning for having kids is lost. My oldest is 10 he is also my plug filler...My youngest boy is my human remote control and my lighter retriever... and my 3 YO daughter is great at retrieving cans of soda out of the fridge!!! Man i love my lil slaves...hehe

LMAO, I hear you there. My wife didn't think it was to cute when my 2 year old daughter would open the fridge saying "daddy beeeer" , love the little buggers.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
As long as you feed him and put a coin or two in his "stash" there shouldn't be a problem!!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As long as you are only using your own kids...as soon as you start making the neighborhood kids work for nothing the the authorities get mad. At least that is what the nice officer told me...lol.

I thought for sure when you wrote "improved method to increase coin count discovered" you were onto something I've been working out. I've painted my detector to resemble a high powered rifle then I just go to the park and swing it by people. They throw money at my feet then run of screaming. I don't even have to dig the stuff out of the ground. I even had one person drop their Walkman - Yeah free batteries. (Do they even make Walkmans anymore?)

HH

NJ

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried using my granddaughters as diggers but that didn't work out too well. One was age 9 and the other five. Even after showing them how to lift a plug, he still insisted on digging a hole like you would with a shovel. And they were throwing so much dirt around you could never refill the hole. Then they got into an argument as to whose turn it was to dig. As interest waned, they just started digging holes at random 'cause they got tired of waiting for me to find stuff. And to top it off they found a puddle after a recent rain and began making mud pies with my digging tools. Needless to say they were wet and mud covered when we finally went home. That made my son and daughter mad 'cause they didn't bring a change of clothes. Then they had to stay in the back bedroom like a couple of naked jaybirds while my wife washed and dried their clothes. Thanks to a couple of my old tshirts their bottoms only shined when they bent over. I made a remark about the moon being out and then they blushed and got mad at me too. The little two year old that didn't get to go was mad at me because she had to stay at home. She's a little tom boy and I probably should have taken her and left the other two at home. She's grandpa's girl and seldom lets me get out of her sight. So, I was the goat that day. Never again! M ::) nty

T

TreasureTales

LOL, using your child to replace plugs is a great way to teach him the joys of honest labor.

One time I took my niece metal detecting. We had a great time - I pointed and she dug. We did everything by the book as far as replacing plugs and dumping the trash in the garbage cans. She learned a lot about being a responsible person and I didn't have to bend over at all that day. It was a win-win experience!!!!

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
cottonjim said:
outraged said:

LMAO, I hear you there. My wife didn't think it was to cute when my 2 year old daughter would open the fridge saying "daddy beeeer" , love the little buggers.

That is classic...I think my wife would shoot me if that happened...She tells me all the time..get up and get it yourself...I tell her...You can get it for me if you want....If not dont hate on my cheap labor!! It is better than hiring a Au pair to help me out...oh and the kids too...hehe....hmm a 18 yo Au pair from france.........BRB gotta go pitch this idea to the wife!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread