What's new

Quick hunt, point i.d. Help

bblaha

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
533
Reaction score
157
Golden Thread
0
After metal detecting I looked In a nearby creek for about 20 minutes and came up with this. The base is broken but does anyone know what this is. No idea what that white stuff is but it wiped right off. Tip is also broken Thanks
 

Attachments

  • image-312421113.webp
    image-312421113.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very Nice! :icon_thumright: Not sure on identification.
 
Looks like a knife to me. Might be- S river. And the stem looks plenty long. Sometimes They made the stems short or at an angle. Did you see the one I found last week? If not I will post it to show for you.
 
I haven't seen it, can you post please. Thanks
 
100_2020.webp100_2019.webp Ok here it is and the stem is made this way cause it shows flaking not broken. If you notice the side that looks stained? That is where a handle was attached. This is a knife with a small side scraper notch on the lower end.
 
Oh I see. That resembles mine a lot. I think you're right
 
bblaha said:
After metal detecting I looked In a nearby creek for about 20 minutes and came up with this. The base is broken but does anyone know what this is. No idea what that white stuff is but it wiped right off. Tip is also broken Thanks

Nice point. That is a strange break at the stem. Way to go Brent!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom