What's new

Quick trip to bank make me happy!

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
On Friday, I got orders from the Chief to meet her and the little guy at the beach. On the way, I managed to stop by a bank that usually provides me with some good hand rolls. I want to the counter, got some cash (provides a semi legit reason to be in the bank), and then asked if they had any rolls of halves. The teller said they have $210 worth, and I said I'd like to buy them if I could. When she reaches under the counter and pulls up a tray of rolls, I think "Oh dang, I just bought someone's dumps.", but I took them anyway since I did not want to cause any consternation for the teller.

Long story short, I got 2 40%, and one of the rolls was actually a roll of Sac Dollars! While that translated into a quick $15 dollar profit, I am concerned that someone might get into trouble, so I am going to bring 15 of the dollar coins back to the bank next week. I do not want anyone to get into trouble over what was an honest mistake, and it's great to be at a point in life where karma is more important than money!! With that said, I am still keeping the two silvers!!

All in all, it was a good evening. The Chief rolled her eyes, but the little guy was pretty proud of old dad...
 
Upvote 0
Your a good honest man. It's nice to hear a story like yours. It keeps up my faith in humanity. It sounds like you had some good guidance in your life. Please pass this on to your children. Oh, and congrats on the 2 silvers.
 
Your a good man STD!! You will be rewarded down the road....guarantee it.

Hey Mods.....Honorable Mention right......sounds like it to me.......
 
Having a teller friend is worth $15 any day.

Brian
 
ST,
So in other words, if nobody gets in trouble, then it's OK to keep the error roll? You paid for the rolls of halves, to keep what you didn't pay for would be stealing, simple as that. You did the right thing and the only ethical thing to do. You will have a new friend in that Teller.
 
Huh? I never said it was OK to keep the error roll if no-one would get into trouble...
 
Went back to the bank to pick up mu monthly fix - I mean shipment. When the guy met me in line to ask if I was here to pick up my boxes, I said yeah, but I also have these extra dollar coins to give back. He sent me to the teller I got them from, and she said thanks as she added them back in to her drawer. The fun part is that the teller managed to carry four boxes out to my car - he was not even breaking a sweat! I felt like a wimp only carrying two boxes!!

Maybe we should start a post asking "How many boxes can you carry out to the parking lot?".

So that ends that, and hope all is well with the teller!
 
STDevil said:
and she said thanks as she added them back in to her drawer.
I hope she reimbursed you back the $10 you paid in the first place.

By the way I will only carry one box at a time. I know my back and don't mind the walk.

When I pick up 6 bags of cents and a bag of nickels I borrow their cart, seven trips to the car is too much.
 
I only gave 15 of the dollar coins back, so we're even.
 
Good Karma will come to you STD, like a dream roll............
 
Myself, I ALWAYS return excess cash when it's given to me. I HATE thieves.

You done good.

Robin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom