What's new

Quick trip to the colonial watering hole...SILVER!!! and need ID.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
2,475
Golden Thread
5
Location
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning marked the last hunt I would get in during my vacation and it was a beautiful morning at that. I have been very fortunate to find this spot and have been even more so with the number of coins from this site (and my other sites) during the summer months. My primary machine went down earlier this week and I was using a back-up machine so I already was a bit hesitant on what I would find.

Today was no different as I began to explore a deeper area and immediately began finding a few odds and ends, musket balls, flat button, etc. After about 2 hours finally I heard a distinct sound, even on a back-up machine, a nice solid high-tone that just sounded right. After a little fanning and pinpointing, out surfaced a beautiful silver sliver (cut 1700's 1 pistareen). It cleaned up nice (still have a little left to touch up)

In total I managed five buttons, 13 musket balls, and some odds and ends.

The big lead piece sounded awesome and deep. At first, I thought it was another nice marked lead trade weight (I found a big one marked with a crown and dagger last summer) but immediately realized it was something different when I saw the back was hallow. Any ideas would be helpful.

I also dug the face to an early padlock, a silvered pewter miscellaneous item, and plenty more nails (including more rose-heads). The wood item is actually a chunk of coal that read low.

I forget how many coins this makes now, but the colonial silver is still coming in.

HH

Dan
 

Attachments

  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    875.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 1b.webp
    1b.webp
    388.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 1c.webp
    1c.webp
    142.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 1d.webp
    1d.webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 1e.webp
    1e.webp
    469.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 1f.webp
    1f.webp
    267.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 1g.webp
    1g.webp
    304.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 1h.webp
    1h.webp
    160 KB · Views: 196
  • 1i.webp
    1i.webp
    251.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 1j.webp
    1j.webp
    478.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 1k.webp
    1k.webp
    335.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 1l.webp
    1l.webp
    192.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 1m.webp
    1m.webp
    135.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 1n.webp
    1n.webp
    125.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 1o.webp
    1o.webp
    142.7 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 40
Dam sweet Dan!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom