What's new

Quick Tuesday Afternoon Hunt

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a new spot and after we had a really hard rain Tuesday morning I decided to hit it for a couple hours after I got up that afternoon. I got permission and and headed in and kind of gave it a quick once over and decided to hit the slope that goes down towards the river and found 3 pretty nice pieces. The first was a sweet little Hafted Scraper, the 2nd a nice little Stemmed Birdpoint, and the last piece was a Knife made from Carter Cave Flint with a little tip damage. I also found a big Flake Knife with a nice edge worked all along one side. I mainly just wandered through the field and didn't really hunt it well since I was trying to see where the flint was concentrated the most so the next trip I know just where to put my efforts into.

Here's some in situs and some cleaned up shots.
 

Attachments

  • 100_5248.webp
    100_5248.webp
    119 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_5250.webp
    100_5250.webp
    87.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_5252.webp
    100_5252.webp
    87.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_5258.webp
    100_5258.webp
    25 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_5254.webp
    100_5254.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_5260.webp
    100_5260.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_5259.webp
    100_5259.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
that one pc in first and last pic hasn't been altered by man. sorry to tell you it is just a rock. the more you hunt and find things the better you will be at distinguishing between real artifacts and just rocks.
 
that one pc in first and last pic hasn't been altered by man. sorry to tell you it is just a rock. the more you hunt and find things the better you will be at distinguishing between real artifacts and just rocks.


Ten thousand comedians out of work and you try to be a funny guy. Keep your day job.
 
Cool hafted scraper and point Steve. Thanks for the pics.
 
your probably right steve..............hey whats the flint type on your 4th pic in situ, is that heat treated burlington?
 
thanks creek but I find burlington quite often. I didn't think it outcropped in ohio never really thought about itView attachment 635126
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom