CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that article years ago (or one like it, covering the same topic) and loved it.

What amazed me is that ....... just like we see on md'ing forums (among those that think that the magic wands or dowsing works), is that : Whenever a test shows that they DON'T work, then you can be SURE that the proponent will merely say : 1) "You're not operating it correctly" or 2) "You need more practice", or 3) "durned those solar flare sunspots", blah blah. It's NEVER that it doesn't work.

And we see the same logic among the proponents (even the user-customers !), in that link of yours. It says : "Astonishingly, perhaps, some officials still blame user error or even the weather for the device's failure to detect explosives"

But when they finally randomly find an object, or explosive , then presto: It works. Never mind that it was eventual random chance and gut hunches of which way to point the wand. :icon_scratch:

And as far as taking them apart to study their innards, that too doesn't disprove them. Because any scientist that says that the inside components don't do anything, will just be accused of "Not understanding it". Or that it's "undiscovered science", blah blah blah.
Or, "you just aren't interested in the topic."

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What science, specifically? What data? What study?

That's easy : They will say that their data and studies are: Their own results. Hard to argue with a dude posing next to a jar of silver coins he just found, eh ? :wave:

And here's where it gets complicated : I don't doubt that some of them might actually have a goodie . Maybe even a cache. That they purport to have found with their device. Hard to argue with that, eh ? But here's where the Full story is : If you take the thing out, and point to enough likely looking ruins long enough (especially where you already suspect, via a lead, that something is). And then you proceed to dig scores of holes all over the place (using your detector to "pinpoint", that's the ticket), THEN SURE: You'll eventually dig a goodie. :icon_scratch:

I mean, is it any surprise that if any of us digs enough holes around a likely looking ruin, for long enough, that, sure, you'll find metal. Maybe even a goodie. Then presto: The magic wand works, eh ? ::)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm interested in chemistry and physics and would be fascinated to learn which properties from either could be used to detect gems that were buried - or even on the surface at further than eyeball-visual range. The only elements or compounds that emit signals on their own are know as "radioactive". And, if you are sending a strong enough signal to get a non-radioactive element or mineral to return a detectable signal further than a few feet you are likely in danger of cooking your own body tissue. And in the USA the FCC would shut you down when they caught you broadcasting.

I'll go with a visual return for minerals that fluoresce as a possibility. But that won't work under any soil covering.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_ca, topic is not dousing so leave it out of the thread.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....The only elements or compounds that emit signals on their own are know as "radioactive". And, if you are sending a strong enough signal to get a non-radioactive element or mineral to return a detectable signal further than a few feet you are likely in danger of cooking your own body tissue. And in the USA the FCC would shut you down when they caught you broadcasting.....

Ah but Charlie ..... tsk tsk : You and the FCC simply don't understand the science. Or ... heck, even if the proponent's can't explain the science, it doesn't mean it's not science. It merely means it's UN-DISCOVERED science. Tsk tsk.

Just like people once thought that heavier than air flight was impossible. Or that the world was flat. SO TOO will science , someday, come along and explain these LRL's. How do you dispute this explanation, eh? :dontknow:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or that Europeans once thought storks and geese migrated to the moon in the winter. Undiscovered science indeed.

OP
OP
Sergei 3

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If interested, go to the blogger's page - Gold Hunter, in YouTube.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If interested, go to the blogger's page - Gold Hunter, in YouTube.

Wish you would have added that to your first post...could have
saved a lot of grief.

Your friend is using a metal detector, not a long-range locator.

OP
OP
Sergei 3

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saved a lot of grief.

This is not my friend and you have not looked at everything, the device he tested, I can not name it according to the rules of the site. And I can’t give a direct link, but you probably didn’t look at everything. There is a great variety of such devices now. You can easily find them on other platforms. But I gave you him as an example because he is your compatriot.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
saved a lot of grief.

There is a video under Gold Hunter, but I think its the wrong one.
The reference by the OP was for the Gold Hunter long range device.
The video is by Ger Detect
The claim:
Gold Hunter device - New Version You can choose the type you are looking for from the list as follow :
1- choose to search for Treasures and gold Underground
2- search for natural gold and veins of gold and gold nuggets and underground mines
3- search for underground diamonds
4- search for underground gemstones
5- search for caves and voids and the ancient tombs underground
6- search for underground silver the front range of the device is 2000 M vertical and a maximum depth of 35 M
The device works in four languages - German - English- French - arabic German industry.

I just love the last claim-I am concerned if I was Spanish speaking though......:tongue3:

OP
OP
Sergei 3

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Под Gold Hunter есть видео, но я думаю, что это не то.
Ссылка OP была на устройство дальнего действия Gold Hunter.
Видео предоставлено Ger Detect.
Претензии:
Устройство Gold Hunter - Новая версия Вы можете выбрать тип, который вы ищете, из следующего списка:
1- выберите поиск сокровищ и золота под землей
2- поиск природного золота и жил золота и золотых самородков и подземных рудников
3- поиск подземных алмазов
4- поиск подземных драгоценных камней
5- поиск пещер и пустот и древних гробниц под землей
6- поиск подземного серебра, дальность действия прибора составляет 2000 м по вертикали и максимальная глубина 35 м.
Устройство работает на четырех языках - немецкий - английский - французский - арабский немецкий промышленный.

Мне просто нравится последнее утверждение - меня беспокоит, говорил ли я по-испански ...: language3:
That's right, I spoke about such devices. Such a device is a great helper for an ordinary metal detector.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is not my friend and you have not looked at everything, the device he tested, I can not name it according to the rules of the site. And I can’t give a direct link, but you probably didn’t look at everything. There is a great variety of such devices now. You can easily find them on other platforms. But I gave you him as an example because he is your compatriot.

Oops..I stand corrected.

OK, it is an LRL.

Your new to the business, and you can't name it because of the site
rules. Honestly, if you have that much faith in the device, sign up as
a vendor, and then you can talk about it.

Otherwise, it appears (to me) that you're just trying to get around the site rules in an effort to market them. JMHO

OP
OP
Sergei 3

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops..I stand corrected.

OK, it is an LRL.

Your new to the business, and you can't name it because of the site
rules. Honestly, if you have that much faith in the device, sign up as
a vendor, and then you can talk about it.

Otherwise, it appears (to me) that you're just trying to get around the site rules in an effort to market th

You are somewhat exaggerating my merits and, moreover, inattentive. I was not going to advertise anything, I just follow the news and I have already purchased and tested a similar device, it finds gold and silver and precious stones at the distance indicated in the passport. But the whole point is that you need to at least know the location where to look for the treasure and then check it on field trials.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's right, I spoke about such devices. Such a device is a great helper for an ordinary metal detector.
How do you know actually?
Do you own one?

An old map is a great helper for an ordinary detector as well.
Though some actually used and tested ouija board device as well.

OP
OP
Sergei 3

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know actually?
Do you own one?

An old map is a great helper for an ordinary detector as well.
Though some actually used and tested ouija board device as well.
Already answered this in a comment, I repeat. I was not going to advertise anything, I just follow the news and I have already purchased and tested a similar device, it finds gold and silver and precious stones at the distance indicated in the passport. But the whole point is that you need to at least know the location where to look for the treasure and then check it on field trials.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are somewhat exaggerating my merits and, moreover, inattentive. I was not going to advertise anything, I just follow the news and I have already purchased and tested a similar device, it finds gold and silver and precious stones at the distance indicated in the passport. But the whole point is that you need to at least know the location where to look for the treasure and then check it on field trials.
Already answered this in a comment, I repeat. I was not going to advertise anything, I just follow the news and I have already purchased and tested a similar device, it finds gold and silver and precious stones at the distance indicated in the passport. But the whole point is that you need to at least know the location where to look for the treasure and then check it on field trials.
I see that you had answered in the time that i was posting the query.
What distance was that 1 meter or a 1000meters?
So you knew there was gold, silver. and precious stones?
So what is the point of owning this device if I knew the location in the first place I would just go there and recover it.

OP
OP
Sergei 3

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that you had answered in the time that i was posting the query.
What distance was that 1 meter or a 1000meters?
So you knew there was gold, silver. and precious stones?
So what is the point of owning this device if I knew the location in the first place I would just go there and recover it.
The distance is 100 meters and the depth is 2 meters (I didn't dig anymore, the declared depth is 35 meters) But I bought a device that I could afford on a budget, there are 1000 meters.Translation error, there are devices, definitions and 1000 meters, I have 100.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... But the whole point is that you need to at least know the location where to look for the treasure and then check it on field trials.
Huh ?? You need to "know the location where to look" first ? Is anyone else seeing the problem with this statement ? :tongue3:

PepperJ is right : What's the point of having the equipment, if you just wave it at known locations ??

And Sergei 3 : To give you the benefit of the doubt, and say that perhaps you meant to know the GENERAL location (and not the EXACT location), this is still fraught with problems. Because then psychologies like : Subconscious bias , gut hunches and selective memory enter the picture. Let me explain :

If someone has buried a precious gem for a test. You are told "It's over there somewhere". Then you will be subconsciously pointing your device at probable locations within a certain # of spots your buddy could have chosen to conceal it in. And then selective memory and random eventual odds enters the picture : If you happen chance find it (where you already had it honed down to), THEN PRESTO ! The device works. However, if you don't find it, then .... "durned those sun-spots and solar flairs and magnetic earth flare-ups anyhow "

Or if it didn't find it on the 1st and 2nd attempt, well you might say : "Gee, it's not perfect, but it found the gemstone on 1 out of 3 tries, hence it works". And you could even justify this logic by saying : "Gee, a metal detector user doesn't find gold on every time out either, right ? Sometimes he comes home empty handed, or gets a pulltab instead of a gold ring. Yet he claims the 'metal detector works' . Thus I too can claim my device works, if I find the gemstone in 1 out of 3 stabs in the dark".

Nonsense. That's just eventual random odds, and selective memory bias at work . This is not double blind testing. Versus a metal detector can indeed be propped up on a table test, and be shown to give a "beep" over a coin 1000 times in a row. No matter WHO waves the coin. And no matter HOW Much experience or practice they have in waving that coin, the machine still beeps. This can not be said of LRL's. They do not work. They do not pass muster on *TRUE* double blind tests, that implement safeguards to solve for the psychological tricks.

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello treasure hunters! I'm new to this business, but I think a device (handheld detector) that looks for precious metals and gemstones could help standard metal detectors. You probably know this device, it has supersensitive antennas that can determine not only the depth of the treasure, but also position them, at what distance the treasure is from the device. And these portable devices are quite affordable. They save the hunter from unnecessary searches and unnecessary energy costs for digging out false targets. I think many people already know about these devices and use them productively, right?
Send one so it can be tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread