What's new

R.M.Rose Company Distillers

telefein

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hey guys,
I'm brand new to the web site. I have no means to add a photo at this time. My wife was out metal detecting in the middle of no where.....literally, and she found this token. We haven't cleaned it just yet, so we;re not sure of what it's made of. On the front of the token it says:"R. M. Rose Distillers Jacksonville Fla". On the back it has an image that may be a rose with the following text: "As? the revenuer".
The question mark is following the "as?" because we don't know whats supposed to be there. We think it says "ask". There is a hole punched through at this spot so that it could be worn around the neck maybe?
Any help would be appreciated. Will have photo availability for Christmas we hope.

Thanks,
Keith
 
I found this in an old e-bay listing but cannot access the cached information...

So this is all I can show you... another one does exist...

z.webp
 
Upvote 0
Rufus Mathewson Rose of Atlanta, founder and operator of the R. M. Rose & Co. Distillery
The R. M. Rose Co. was no small-fry outfit. Rose himself was a prominent citizen and his company, which regularly advertised in newspapers and appeared in the annual Atlanta City Directory, prided itself on being "distillers and dealers of the oldest, richest and best wines, liquors and brandies". They also published and advertised their product names, which included Rose's Old Georgia Corn Whiskey, Rose’s Mountain Dew, and Old Reserve Stock corn whiskeys, and Rose’s Pure Peach and Virginia Apple brandies. They were also proud to be the sole distributors of Atlanta Spirit Rye. Presumably, these were all brands that Paul Jones was selling for them.

read entire article here http://www.ellenjaye.com/4roses.htm#top
 

Attachments

  • 4roses_rosedistjug.webp
    4roses_rosedistjug.webp
    2 KB · Views: 1,340
Upvote 0
Good I.D, I think this mystery is solved even without a picture. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom