Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard anything new on the release date for the Racer? I'm waiting impatiently for some sort of field report to see if it lives up to the hype before I decide on it or the AT Pro.
I have heard something like February 20th and here is a Youtube video:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard anything new on the release date for the Racer? I'm waiting impatiently for some sort of field report to see if it lives up to the hype before I decide on it or the AT Pro.

Are trying to make a funny? True AM, VCO 2 tone, Bluetooth headphones, Led coil light, backlight, toggle switch pp/am, featherlight, vibrating handle, etc, etc. After watching Keith's deck tests and buried coin test in highly mineralized soil, I feel pretty safe to say, it will spank the AT except for the waterproof part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Racer, ACE 250, Propointer AT, Cen-tec pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are trying to make a funny? True AM, VCO 2 tone, Bluetooth headphones, Led coil light, backlight, toggle switch pp/am, featherlight, vibrating handle, etc, etc. After watching Keith's deck tests and buried coin test in highly mineralized soil, I feel pretty safe to say, it will spank the AT except for the waterproof part.

I'm not trying to be funny. I had not seen the above video when posted and I'm hesitant to make a decision based on just one field test and manufacturers descriptions. I know that the AT Pro has a solid reputation but I'm always interested in the latest and greatest as well. I've been swinging an Ace 250 for years and don't have the means to purchase multiple detectors so I need confidence in my next purchase. I don't want to be one to "take one for the team". I will probably wait and see what someone like Bart has to say about it as either purchase will most likely be through him and he will only gain a valued customer by being honest with his recommendation.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for reviews of the Racer on other sites. Probably 2 of the most well known detectorists, one in the video above and one who participates here on TNet give it 2 thumbs up! They've been working with Marko getting the bugs worked out in real time fashion.

OP
OP
F

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. Being buried in snow while anticipating the purchase of a new detector can be almost unbearable.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I just got back from a hunt and almost broke a sweat in the 65 degree sunshine. My dirtfishing season will be over by April or May when it's too hot to hunt anytime other than early in the am.

Last edited:

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any other videos out there on the Racer yet?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino, no there are not that I am aware of. I think Keith and maybe a few other beta testers will have more up in next few days.

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

On another forum, a Makro rep said they plan to ship the production Racers to the US distributor the week of Feb. 23.

She didn't say, but I assume that means they will leave the factory during that week. Who knows when they will
arrive in the US and then make their way to individual dealers.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have seen posted the specifications or the lack there of has not generated what anyone could call a "great deal of interest". Get that not saving the settings issue fixed and then I feel things will look better for its acceptance. Other areas with discrimination would also help.

OP
OP
F

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being a newer brand, there won't be as much interest from those who are brand loyal. As someone who is looking to move up from an ACE 250, I for one have a great deal of interest in this new unit. From what I have seen so far, it is comparable to the FORS Core which has been getting positive reviews. What I'd like to see are some comparisons with well known units such as the AT Pro, F70, Omega, and possibly the T2.

In regard to it not saving the settings, that is fairly low on my list of features since it appears to set up very quickly. The features of having a backlight, a flashlight, and vibration feature are of far more interest in that they can extend my hunts by hours as opposed to the two minutes it takes to set up.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday i finally got my Makro racer pro pack and doing some airtesting at the moment. Nice detector by the way and good balance with the stock coil.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a newer brand, there won't be as much interest from those who are brand loyal. As someone who is looking to move up from an ACE 250, I for one have a great deal of interest in this new unit. From what I have seen so far, it is comparable to the FORS Core which has been getting positive reviews. What I'd like to see are some comparisons with well known units such as the AT Pro, F70, Omega, and possibly the T2.

In regard to it not saving the settings, that is fairly low on my list of features since it appears to set up very quickly. The features of having a backlight, a flashlight, and vibration feature are of far more interest in that they can extend my hunts by hours as opposed to the two minutes it takes to set up.

I believe the direct comparison will be more with lower units that cost less than the ATP. The eye candy lights and buzzer does not make up for the lack of other function. The failure to keep settings I think will also bother many where as the lower cost units do deep their settings. The discrimination demonstrated in some of the videos also seems to raise many questions. A $4 harbor freight LED light that weighs about an oz. will function as an evening/morning light and will work when you park the detector and are working the hole.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could care less about the light and other bells and whistles. I want to know how deep it is and how deep it has accurate id. I want to know how fast it is compared to the ATpro. How well does it seperate in trash? This is the stuff I care about....the facts that make the difference in what you pull out of the ground.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the NBT from K. Southern comparing the Fors CoRe and the racer. I think it will answer your question, although I've never seen the ATP in same test.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's 2 other popular machines in same test

OP
OP
F

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I check every day for new videos. I think it performs well in the nail board test. And the one depth test seems to show it doing well. Coming from the 250, any upgrade will be appreciated and noticed. Some of the listed bells & whistle features will be of value to me. If it performs better than the AT Pro overall, I will be willing to spend a little more to get it. If it is equal or less in depth $ speed then it probably won't be worth it. The ergonomics of it appear to be better though as well.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a Garrett at pro nail board test with stock and small coil:

I think the Makro racer performed a little better in the same test using the stock and small coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions