What's new

Radioactive Uranium marbles

Denny45

Full Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
186
Reaction score
217
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After searching all my old marbles I found while metal detecting I found 6 of them with uranium. Love the green color. I thought I would have found a few more but no.

Denny
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1282.webp
    IMG_1282.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1280.webp
    IMG_1280.webp
    956.7 KB · Views: 96
I've got a jar with a lot of marbles in it . How does a person find out if they are with Uranium ? I hope I don't have any ! My uncle owned stock in a Uranium mine and had a big chunk of it sitting on his fireplace mantle for years for everyone to gander at ! He died from Cancer. My dads older brother had a copper burst plate from a test in Nevada and it was a "used" part bowed out and used as a ash tray for many years. He also died of Cancer. My younger Brother finally got that Burst plate and had it in his garage shelf for a long time and don't remember what happened to it ! It was about 6-8 inch's in Diameter and the bolt holes were ovaled out and the middle of it was dished out big time ! Makes me wonder !!
 
I've got a jar with a lot of marbles in it . How does a person find out if they are with Uranium ? I hope I don't have any ! My uncle owned stock in a Uranium mine and had a big chunk of it sitting on his fireplace mantle for years for everyone to gander at ! He died from Cancer. My dads older brother had a copper burst plate from a test in Nevada and it was a "used" part bowed out and used as a ash tray for many years. He also died of Cancer. My younger Brother finally got that Burst plate and had it in his garage shelf for a long time and don't remember what happened to it ! It was about 6-8 inch's in Diameter and the bolt holes were ovaled out and the middle of it was dished out big time ! Makes me wonder !!
Sorry to hear that about your family.
The thread grabbed my interest as I used to have marbles like those as a kid.
Here's what I found on uranium in glass.
 
Those are neat marbles. Uranium glass / marbles is really nice to look at.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom