Truth 1253, Yes, I would. off the sides, I'm sure there might be something out there, again, I'd give it a shot. Having said that, I came back to this thread because I feel that I left out something that is very important, something I cannot stress enough. And this is for all you fella's out there. Active tracks. If you're out there searching, please PLEASE, do not walk ON the tracks, or within say 12' of them. even more so on curved tracks. I will tell you that Amtrack's are quiet, and you will not hear them and they will not see you until it's to late. I know as fact it's easier to walk on the tracks then not, but it can be dangerous, freights as well. Amtrack max. speed normally is 70mph, and freight's are about 55 to 60, that's for main line. and walking along the side of the track, be aware that when a freight is coming by, if they carry lumber or anything strapped down with metal bands, those bands do break, and are being dragged bouncing around, and can reach out and snag you, and from there it gets ugly. Tracks other than main line, on jointed rail, not so bad, but still, if it's active, Please beware. Now, on the lighter side, a note of interest. If you come across tracks out there somewhere no longer being used, if you look on the side of the rail, or (web), you may see the maker of the rail, the size. ( 90lb. 110lb. 115lb. etc. and the year made, 09 being 1909 etc. And also you may see this, ///////, That is the MONTH it was made, those 7 marks being July. Example; CARNAGIE 115lb. /////// 09. This way you may at least get an idea the last time some guys installed that piece of rail. And the lb.? If I remember that is the size of rail, 115lb meaning for every three feet, that's what the rail weighed. They were normally in 38' lengths, or thirty something. Today, new rail comes in 1/4 mile lengths and is 132lb. & 160lb. rail, but that's a whole other story. So again, careful around any Active tracks, otherwise good luck.