"Medieval Casket Key", That Just Sounds Cool!! :headbang:
HH!!
Swingit

the key is very nice!

i'm off to find some shot gun things after dinner :laughing7:

some gold would be nice though :-\

Nice finds, I like the casket key also!

rodgerdodger said:
So they locked up the dead in the Medieval days. why ?

Casket is also a small box with valuables in it.

Detectingfreak said:
Cool key. You usually have more finds then this, has spots become harder to find?

very hard, & new land takes time to find the better areas, plus only 2 hour hunt.

CRUSADER said:
Spent 2 hours with my newbie detecting friend. He has gain permission for us both to do a fail crop area.

Not much, but the signs were encouraging for future hunts.

His best find was his first Tudor Spectacle Buckle & mine was the Medieval Casket Key :)

We got soaked but it hasn't put him off.
Rain rain go away. Rained all day up here. :(

robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:
Spent 2 hours with my newbie detecting friend. He has gain permission for us both to do a fail crop area.

His best find was his first Tudor Spectacle Buckle & mine was the Medieval Casket Key :)

Annoying thing was the only window we had to detect in was the heaviest rain. It stopped when we left :P

robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:

it's grim up north :D

That's the way it happens normally to me also, after not finding too much, and because the most of the ground here is clay I get tired of pulling my shoes out of the mud and scrap off my coil and shovel every 4 minutes I quit searching in the rain and while driving back home the rain stops and the sun comes out. Well anyway the mud would remain so I will would not like it. Searching in sandy soil or loom is much better.

The key is neat, and yes, I believe a small box for valuables instead of a normal casket key since the ring is broken and it appears to be worn on a chain for many years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back