Random Double-Blind Tests for LRLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Random Double-Blind Tests for LRLs

Some people want to cause confusion by disputing the definition of "double-blind test."

Wikipedia---

"Double-blind describes an especially stringent way of conducting an experiment, usually on human subjects, in an attempt to eliminate subjective bias on the part of both experimental subjects and the experimenters. In most cases, double-blind experiments are held to achieve a higher standard of scientific rigor."

World English Dictionary---

"double-blind — adj. (Compare single-blind) of or relating to an experiment to discover reactions to certain commodities, drugs, etc, in which neither the experimenters nor the subjects know the particulars of the test items during the experiments."

Because most double-blind testing done these days, is by drug and food companies, some LRLers have cherry picked only those definitions found which contain the word "groups" within them. So they want to insist that there must be a large group of LRLers tested at once, for the test to qualify as "double-blind."

However, as can be seen, the term "double-blind" refers only to who doesn't know what the key element is, which would be the tester and the testee.

Sometimes these tests must, by their nature, involve groups of people, but not always. If only a piece of equipment is being tested for performance, only the equipment and the operator are required to participate. This is confirmed by the following additional definitions---

Wiktionary---

"double-blind test (plural double-blind tests) A form of scientific testing in which neither the tester nor the subjects tested know which are the control items and which are the test items."

Although the above definition uses the plural form, "subjects," it does not say that a "group" must be tested, and the plural form simply refers to "people." Many "people" can do Carl's test---one at a time. Note: The "control items," as mentioned in the above definition, would be the empty target locations, in an LRL test.

The Free Dictionary---

"double blind /dou·ble blind/ (dub´'l blīnd´) pertaining to an experiment in which neither the subject nor the person administering treatment knows which treatment any particular subject is receiving.

In this one, the word "subject" is in the singular form. Carl's test is double-blind. None of the particular LRLers, which might take his test over the years, will know which location contains the real target. And neither will the administrator.

In LRL testing, the "random" part means that the objective is changed at random, so the operator, if failing one part of the test, cannot eliminate that objective location and thus have fewer to choose from in the next test.

A random, double-blind test is the only method which qualifies as a means of certified proof of the performance of an LRL.

Example---

A Scientific Test for LRLs.

A Scientific, random double-blind test, administered by unbiased professionals, is the only evidence which will prove to the World whether LRLs work or not. LRL promoters, as claimants, are the ones who must bear the burden of proof, to support their unbelievable claims.

ref: A Dozen Points Proving LRL Fraud These points have never been rationally refuted.

Since the LRL promoters on here cannot refute any of these points, they will just spam this thread, instead. Because that's all they can do. I guess that's their mentality.

See below, for yourself....

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
Is it not terrible EE when it only takes one post to upset your apple cart?...art

It is totally obvious that you are posting in this thread, for the sole purpose of being a "terrible" person, by your own admission directly therein.

But that's great, because now that it's quoted, you can't delete it, and I can use it later to show folks exactly what your intentions are.

Thanks again for being your own best debunker!

:sign13:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Are we still having fun?...Art
No need to put proof on any of your threads because they just disappear...

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
Are we still having fun?...Art
No need to put proof on any of your threads because they just disappear...

Now, in addition to promoting fraudulent pseudoelectronics devices, you have gone into moonlighting as a spam promoter, too. It figures.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
Now, in addition to promoting fraudulent pseudoelectronics devices, you have gone into moonlighting as a spam promoter, too. It figures.
I don’t know what you are talking about EE...All I find about pseudoelectronics devices, are all your posts..If you don’t want the questions answered don’t post them and then delete the 100’s of replies..Art

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
I don’t know what you are talking about EE...All I find about pseudoelectronics devices, are all your posts..If you don’t want the questions answered don’t post them and then delete the 100’s of replies..Art

But you haven't answered any questions on the topic, Art. You are just spamming.

But that's good. Now anyone who might have been interested in your phony LRLs will know exactly how they would be treated when they realize that their fake gizmo doesn't work.

:laughing7:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
But you haven't answered any questions on the topic, Art. You are just spamming.
But that's good. Now anyone who might have been interested in your phony LRLs will know exactly how they would be treated when they realize that their fake gizmo doesn't work.
So you don’t agree that I have answered every question and point that you have made on the post.. Random Double-Blind Tests for LRLs
I have answered all your claims on the threads (note the s on the word threads) and everytime we prove that you are wrong they all get deleted and you go back to putting more nonsense on this board...Every one that participates on this board knows the truth..I take that back..Every one but you as you can not except the truth..Bye Bye EE...Your nonsense thread is now all yours..Art

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
So you don’t agree that I have answered every question and point that you have made on the post.. Random Double-Blind Tests for LRLs
I have answered all your claims on the threads (note the s on the word threads) and everytime we prove that you are wrong they all get deleted and you go back to putting more nonsense on this board...Every one that participates on this board knows the truth..I take that back..Every one but you as you can not except the truth..Bye Bye EE...Your nonsense thread is now all yours..Art

Wrong again, Art. You have indeed answered every one of my statements, but always with nonsensical gibberish. There is no need to debate that point, however, because anyone reading your stuff can see and judge it for themselves.

:hello:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I will now put what you call ” nonsensical gibberish” on here. When you come up with a real Double Blind test please tell us about it..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_experiment
A blind or blinded experiment is a scientific experiment where some of the persons involved are prevented from knowing certain information that might lead to conscious or unconscious bias on their part, invalidating the results.
For example, when asking consumers to compare the tastes of different brands of a product, the identities of the latter should be concealed — otherwise consumers will generally tend to prefer the brand they are familiar with. Similarly, when evaluating the effectiveness of a medical drug, both the patients and the doctors who administer the drug may be kept in the dark about the dosage being applied in each case — to forestall any chance of a placebo effect, observer bias, or conscious deception.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-double-blind-test.htm
A double blind test is a scientific test in which neither test subjects nor administrators know who is in the control group and who is in the experimental group. The intent is to create an unbiased test environment, ensuring that the results of the testing are accurate and will stand up to analysis by other members of the scientific community. The concept of a double blind test is an excellent example of the scientific method, since it aims to be entirely objective and potentially repeatable.
And the best of all
http://skepdic.com/control.html....

A double-blind test is a control group test where neither the evaluator nor the subject knows which items are controls. A randomized test is one that randomly assigns items to the control and the experimental groups.
The purpose of controls, double-blind, and randomized testing is to reduce error, self-deception and bias. An example should clarify the necessity of these safeguards.

It sure seems that you do not know what a Double Blind Test is..
Persons... subjects…control group… consumers..
More than one person...Art

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
I will now put what you call ” nonsensical gibberish” on here. When you come up with a real Double Blind test please tell us about it..

A blind or blinded experiment is a scientific experiment where some of the persons involved are prevented from knowing certain information that might lead to conscious or unconscious bias on their part, invalidating the results.
For example, when asking consumers to compare the tastes of different brands of a product, the identities of the latter should be concealed — otherwise consumers will generally tend to prefer the brand they are familiar with. Similarly, when evaluating the effectiveness of a medical drug, both the patients and the doctors who administer the drug may be kept in the dark about the dosage being applied in each case — to forestall any chance of a placebo effect, observer bias, or conscious deception.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-double-blind-test.htm
A double blind test is a scientific test in which neither test subjects nor administrators know who is in the control group and who is in the experimental group. The intent is to create an unbiased test environment, ensuring that the results of the testing are accurate and will stand up to analysis by other members of the scientific community. The concept of a double blind test is an excellent example of the scientific method, since it aims to be entirely objective and potentially repeatable.
And the best of all
http://skepdic.com/control.html....

A double-blind test is a control group test where neither the evaluator nor the subject knows which items are controls. A randomized test is one that randomly assigns items to the control and the experimental groups.
The purpose of controls, double-blind, and randomized testing is to reduce error, self-deception and bias. An example should clarify the necessity of these safeguards.

It sure seems that you do not know what a Double Blind Test is..
Persons... subjects…control group… consumers..
More than one person...Art

I've read all those definitions before.

I commented on all of them, in a general way, in the Original Post.

I explained why their use of groups of people are for food and drug testing only, and have no relevance to the term "blind testing." I made it as clear as possible. Either you don't understand English, or you really know what "blind testing" means, and are merely trying to confuse the issue.

But I'll try one more time, just to clarify to everyone what your intentions are, concerning your reasons for your cut-and-paste of all those definitions without any explanation of what you mean by it.

"Blind" refers to "not being aware of what is being tested." It's an indicator of awareness. It is not an indicator of the number of people, or any number of anything. The number of people participating is not related to a double-blind test.

You can muddle up a thread by cutting and pasting definitions all day long, but you can't change the meaning of words. "Blind" means not seeing. It has nothing to do with how many people.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EEer~
You can muddle up a thread by cutting and pasting definitions all day long, but you can't change the meaning of words. "Blind" means not seeing. It has nothing to do with how many people.

The name of the thread is Re: Random Double-Blind Tests for LRLs...I posted definitions of Random Double Blind testing. I had posted how the tests were ran be 3 people who have administrated these kinds of tests for large Companies..I also provided people who have partisapated in these kinds of test..

A blind or blinded experiment is a scientific experiment where some of the people involved are prevented from knowing certain information that might lead to conscious or subconscious bias on their part, invalidating the results.

For example, when asking consumers to compare the tastes of different brands of a product, the identities of the product should be concealed – otherwise consumers will generally tend to prefer the brand they are familiar with. Similarly, when evaluating the effectiveness of a medical drug, both the patients and the doctors who administer the drug may be kept in the dark about the dosage being applied in each case – to forestall any chance of a placebo effect, observer bias, or conscious deception.

Blinding can be imposed on researchers, technicians, subjects, funders, or any combination of them. The opposite of a blind trial is an open trial. Blind experiments are an important tool of the scientific method, in many fields of research –
from medicine, forensics, psychology and the social sciences, to natural sciences such as physics and biology
and to market research. In some disciplines, such as drug testing, blind experiments are considered essential
. In other disciplines, blind experiments would be very useful, but they are totally impractical or unethical. An oft-cited example is in the field of developmental psychology. Although it would be scientifically expedient to raise children under arbitrary experimental conditions, such as on a remote island with a fabricated enculturation, it is obviously a violation of ethics and human rights.
The terms blind (adjective) or to blind (transitive verb) when used in this sense are figurative extensions of the literal idea of blindfolding someone. The terms masked or to mask may be used for the same concept. (This is commonly the case in ophthalmology, where the word 'blind' is often used in the literal sense.)

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
Blinding can be imposed on researchers, technicians, subjects, funders, or any combination of them. The opposite of a blind trial is an open trial. Blind experiments are an important tool of the scientific method, in many fields of research –
from medicine, forensics, psychology and the social sciences, to natural sciences such as physics and biology
and to market research.

This part, you have right. The other stuff mostly applies to food and drug testing, where it is done with groups of "subjects." But with LRL testing, the LRL is the subject. I suppose you could use more than one LRL, but for parctical purposes, one seems less complicated.

I can only assume that you are trying to say that a "group" is necessary, because that's been your complaint many times previously. But since you aren't adding any explanitory remarks, as to what exactly your point of the cut-and-paste definitions is, I'm only guessing there.

Please state the point you are trying to make with this....

:icon_scratch:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE THr~
This part, you have right. The other stuff mostly applies to food and drug testing, where it is done with groups of "subjects." But with LRL testing, the LRL is the subject. I suppose you could use more than one LRL, but for parctical purposes, one seems less complicated.

I can only assume that you are trying to say that a "group" is necessary, because that's been your complaint many times previously. But since you aren't adding any explanitory remarks, as to what exactly your point of the cut-and-paste definitions is, I'm only guessing there.

Real simple EE...If it is to be accepted by the Scientific community you need to play by the rules..Art

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE THr~

Real simple EE...If it is to be accepted by the Scientific community you need to play by the rules..Art

Please be more specific as to what, exactly, you are referring to.

:coffee2:

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~Art~
~EE THr~
Please be more specific as to what, exactly, you are referring to.
All ready explained in posts #10 and #11.

I'm tired of guessing at what you are saying.

You need to do better than merely saying that I "don't know what a double-blind test is." Or that I "need to play by the rules."

If you can't put your exact thoughts into complete sentences, then I can only conclude that your comments are all just BS.

I've explained what "blind" refers to. I don't think that anyone has any doubts about it, so that's good enough for me.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE THr~
I'm tired of guessing at what you are saying.
No guessing needed

You need to better than merely saying that I "don't know what a double-blind test is." Or that I "need to play by the rules."
I have proved to most of the world that I know what a double blind test is...If you don’t want to play by the rules the test is usless.

If you can't put your thoughts into complete sentences, then Ican only conclude that your comments are all just BS.
Sorry that you can not understand my sentences

I've explained what "blind" refers to. I don't think that anyone has any doubts about it, so that's good enough for me.
And I have also..
A blind or blinded experiment is a scientific experiment where some of the people involved are prevented from knowing certain information that might lead to conscious or subconscious bias on their part, invalidating the results.

For example, when asking consumers to compare the tastes of different brands of a product, the identities of the product should be concealed – otherwise consumers will generally tend to prefer the brand they are familiar with. Similarly, when evaluating the effectiveness of a medical drug, both the patients and the doctors who administer the drug may be kept in the dark about the dosage being applied in each case – to forestall any chance of a placebo effect, observer bias, or conscious deception.

and to market research. In some disciplines, such as drug testing, blind experiments are considered essential
. In other disciplines, blind experiments would be very useful, but they are totally impractical or unethical. An oft-cited example is in the field of developmental psychology. Although it would be scientifically expedient to raise children under arbitrary experimental conditions, such as on a remote island with a fabricated enculturation, it is obviously a violation of ethics and human rights.
The terms blind (adjective) or to blind (transitive verb) when used in this sense are figurative extensions of the literal idea of blindfolding someone. The terms masked or to mask may be used for the same concept. (This is commonly the case in ophthalmology, where the word 'blind' is often used in the literal sense.)

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:

Blinding can be imposed on researchers, technicians, subjects, funders, or any combination of them.

Like I said before, you have the basic part right---the "blind" part.

It's when you insist that an entire "group" must be tested at one time, like with food or drug testing, that you go off kilter with it. "Blind" only refers to the "blind" part, in the quote box above.

But if that's what you were trying to say all along, then we don't have any disagreement.

It would, indeed, help if you would make a final "conclusion sentence" at the end of a post or paragraph like that, which totally states the point you are trying to make. Without that, it leaves a lot of guesswork on the reader's part. Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread