Random Equinox VDI question

Hunting_Dad

Mar 25, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Short and simple.....

What has been your "hot" relic (not coin or jewelry ) VDI on the Nox? For me, its a solid 11. Seems everyone I dig is a nice big tombac.
Also, what's your least favorite? Again for me, its a 16.... feels like every one is an old shotgun head stamp or copper rivet

Like many of us here, I watch a a bunch of youtube channels and I am amazed at what numbers other folks have good luck with....
That being said, I still plan to dig it all

Sounds like it’s working for you. Your 2021 totals are fantastic! What’s a tombac?

Its an early pewter alloy flat button, that usually come out of the ground fairly shiny.... some have intricate etching. They have a very narrow date range in the 1700s

Least fav is defo a 13...99/100 of the time = bottlecap.

Matt

Except for a solid quarter reading of 30, I'd have to say a solid 22 or 23 is my favorite. Higher than a zinc cent and lower than a clad dime or your typical copper memorial cent. I get lots of tokens, keys, big gold rings, and wheat cents with those numbers. I get quite a few aluminum screw caps too, but, also an occasional silver for my trouble. My least favorite number has got to be the 20-21 of zinc cents. Those things are everywhere and hard to pass up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back