RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
IMG_1392.JPG IMG_1501.JPG

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I often assemble these from prairie dog bones on a hill where I hunt for Indian artifacts

I rarely go anywhere wild that I'm not presented with a bone of some sort.
I've always been fascinated with the structure.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coyote on the hunt

This coyote was more focused on something else other me. It must have had a rabbit in it's sight's?
It sure had a nice winter coat for the cold temps.

Attachments

• IMG_20170225_060825.jpg
    IMG_20170225_060825.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This coyote was more focused on something else other me. It must have had a rabbit in it's sight's?
It sure had a nice winter coat for the cold temps.

Cool pic. They can hear rodents moving around under the snow too and jump on them for a feed! [emoji2][emoji106]

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a couple hundred board feet of cuban gold. photo-461.JPG
photo-460.JPG
photo-459.JPG
Google cuban mahogany, or west indies mahogany. It is the finest wood in the world. We will set up the alaskan chainsaw mill on this bad boy and slab it for the guitar makers. Only place in the U.S. to get it is the keys. Can only get storm dropped or permitted removals. Hoping for the sought after flame grain pattern in this crotch piece. Gituar and furniture makers dream piece. Furniture is selling for tens of thousands all day long. Hoping for 20-30 dollars a board foot.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pic. They can hear rodents moving around under the snow too and jump on them for a feed! [emoji2][emoji106]
I think that what it was focused on. It seemed to be watching something just ahead, but I couldn't see what that was.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a couple hundred board feet of cuban gold. View attachment 1419443
View attachment 1419444
View attachment 1419445
Google cuban mahogany, or west indies mahogany. It is the finest wood in the world. We will set up the alaskan chainsaw mill on this bad boy and slab it for the guitar makers. Only place in the U.S. to get it is the keys. Can only get storm dropped or permitted removals. Hoping for the sought after flame grain pattern in this crotch piece. Gituar and furniture makers dream piece. Furniture is selling for tens of thousands all day long. Hoping for 20-30 dollars a board foot.
That's highly interesting. Are these indigenous to the Keys? I watched a show once on how these salvers recovered rare maples from the depths of the Great Lakes. So many of the logs had sunk from drifting logs hundreds of years ago into the void of oxygen waters. Some of the wood they showed finished was absolutely beautiful.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Cuban Mahogany desk can be yours for $30'000.00.

Attachments

• 2891372_l.jpeg
    2891372_l.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 62

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's highly interesting. Are these indigenous to the Keys? I watched a show once on how these salvers recovered rare maples from the depths of the Great Lakes. So many of the logs had sunk from drifting logs hundreds of years ago into the void of oxygen waters. Some of the wood they showed finished was absolutely beautiful.

Its a secret little money making thing for a few of us down here. Google it and youll be impressed !! It really is treasure. If you have the means and ability to mill it properly. Highly sought after and very expensive. Its protected throughout the carribean and is banned from import. If you cut one in the keys you must plant 2. Thats part of the rules, and you must have a permit signed off from a biologist to cut. When the county cuts one were there to get the choice pieces. Check out the furniture made from it online. 20000-30000$ pieces are not uncommon. Gutiar makers pay even more for choice cuts. Starts to thin out in miami and by Palm Beach you wont see it any more. Grows like a weed in the keys. People give it to us for free just so it dosent go to waist. We have no problem paying for some of the choicer pieces. photo-462.JPG this is my friend I call him alaskan chainsaw man, he knows his wood and just how to cut it for maximum $s. Google alaskan chainsaw mill to see how we deal with it. Its an incredible method for getting it racked and stacked quickly.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Cuban Mahogany desk can be yours for $30'000.00.

Ya baby....cant wait to start working with this piece, unfortunately it takes at least a year to dry and cure if handled properly. Then you can start to work with it. We are getting ambitious and plan on building some very complex pieces this year. No metal fasteners, pegged, doweled, dovetailed, and biscuited. Wooo hooo !! Key largo gold !!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got buddy that I've maintained a friendship with for 40 years now who's really good with building kayaks and wood working. He knows all about different wood types. He taught himself this Rhino 3D software stuff and makes kayaks out of thin plywoods, but he has built others out of cedar strips and a thin skin over a wood frames. He loves boats of every kind. This is a picture of us taken in 1977, me front row 2nd from the left, next to a fella we called Big Bird and my buddy is front row far right. He always emails me photos of the projects he's working on.

Attachments

• IMG_20161007_185852.jpg
    IMG_20161007_185852.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 6a00d834519ff669e2012875cec232970c.jpg
    6a00d834519ff669e2012875cec232970c.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 6a00d834519ff669e2017d432dd5ea970c.jpg
    6a00d834519ff669e2017d432dd5ea970c.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 56
  • warren-williamson-picture-resume-4-638.jpg
    warren-williamson-picture-resume-4-638.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 47
  • warren-williamson-picture-resume-2-638.jpg
    warren-williamson-picture-resume-2-638.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 50

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom left is incredible !! Great workmanship !!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got a couple hundred board feet of cuban gold. View attachment 1419443
View attachment 1419444
View attachment 1419445

I once lived by a bog. One day a beautiful cherry tree fell because the bog had encroached and got to it's roots. 15 feet of straight run trunk wood. Next to mahogany, cherry is next. Try as I could I never found a way to retrieve the tree. How do you retrieve a tree from the keys?
Tamrock mentioned sunken logs in Michigan. There are also secrete places on the Southern end of the Mississippi river where old growth cypress once transported by barge have lost their cargo for reasons not told. People that know these places harvest the lumber. It's said the timber waterlogs and that protects them. Cypress has a natural resistance to rotting.
For your mahogany, I could $30/bf about right.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we are lucky we can arrange for the county to load it onto our truck for free, instead of loading it onto theres. They will take it to the dump where it is cut up and thrown out. Other times we load it onto tilting flat beds or dump trucks with come alongs or winches. Where there is a will there is a way and every situation is different according to location. I have seen as high as 36$/board foot for incredible pieces. The alaskan chainsaw mill is portable and can be set up quickly on site too. A good quality guitar made by one of the reputable dealers from cuban mahogany runs about 5-8 thousand dollars. The incredible wood with the best grain patterns is almost fought over by these guys. Highest bidders get the boards. Google alaskan chainsaw mill and cuban mahogany guitars. With a chainsaw mill you could have cut that cherry at the location and removed it board by board. I know that material too and it is gorgeous. It commands a good price too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions