Rangertell RT Gold Transponder Shades - up $160 from 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to all for this forum. I really enjoy the occasional chuckle.

Odds are if you are gullible enough to buy them in the first place you will not use the 7 day return policy.

This year they cost $349! In 2010 they were $189 from the same web site. It must be due to all of that research cost for the included "GoldBot". Of course the same thing can be bought off a large auction site for $14, same as last year. Not including the "goldbot" but it doesn't really matter, does it?

http://www.rangertell.com/goldtranspondershades_info.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,347384.0.html

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
These fashionable NightBird Sunglasses contain the RT Gold Transponder technology which activates at the push of a button. They'll also play your favorite MP3s while you're out treasure hunting. The handheld GoldBot detector included with the kit will indicate when you are in the direction of gold. Your hand will tell you exactly where it is up to hundreds of feet away.
and of course...
*YOU HAVE A ROCK-SOLID NO-RISK 7 DAYS FROM THE DAY YOU RECEIVE THIS ITEM TO TEST IT OR FULL PURCHASE PRICE IS
I have not saw any testimonials about this product nor have I used it..All I have saw is complaints from non treasure hunters about the cost of this product..I don’t think it is a crime to make a profit on your invention..So that makes it important that you become an informed consumer. We can not just jump in the car and drive to Austrasia to get a demonstration..you will have to contact them and discuss it with them. Ask them if there is a restocking fee..Try to get names of people who have purchased them in your area..Contact these people and try to get a demonstration..if that all fails you still have the 7 day return policy which they honor..So after becoming an informed consumer and you decide that is what you want to do always remember..It’s your money to do what makes you happy..Thank you...Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
A few things here....

First off, it is "I have not seen any testimonials... " and "All I have seen is complaints".

I have not saw any testimonials about this product nor have I used it..True.. All I have saw is complaints from non treasure hunters about the cost of this product..True

Secondly... the sunglasses are NOT RangerTells invention. RangerTell is simply using the sunglasses as a form of media to play a "treasure finding" MP3. The actual sunglasses themselves DO NOT locate treasure.

You are correct..But they are part of a system

Thirdly... there is a restocking fee if the product is returned for reasons other than defective. What that means is, if you try them out and DO NOT find treasure, you cannot return them for a full refund.

I don’t know that.. Ask them if there is a restocking fee..

Fourthly... why does Art continue to post in these threads when they are so grossly misinformed about the products/scams they defend?
Gee SWR..Read my post..i am not defending any product...I am just giving advice to people on how to become informed consumers

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
SAW

–verb (used without object)
to have the power of sight.
to be capable of perceiving by means of computer vision.
to understand intellectually or spiritually; have insight: Philosophy teaches us to see.
EXPAND
to give attention or care: See, there it goes.
to find out; make inquiry: Go and see for yourself.
to consider; think; deliberate: Let me see, how does that song go?
to look about; observe: They heard the noise and came out to see.
COLLAPSE
—Verb phrases
see about,
a.
to investigate; inquire about.
b.
to turn one's attention to; take care of: He said he would see about getting the license plates.
see after, to attend to; take care of: Will you please see after my plants while I'm away?
see off, to take leave of someone setting out on a journey; accompany to the place of departure: I went to the airport to see them off.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
SWR said:
saw /sĂ´/
Verb: Cut (something, esp. wood or a tree) using a saw.
Noun: A hand tool for cutting wood or other materials, typically with a long, thin serrated blade and operated using a backward and forward movement.

:-X ;D

OP
OP
TabWhisperer

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Different day, same old story. Art to the rescue of Rangertell.

SCAM:
A confidence trick or confidence game (also known as a bunko, con, flim flam, gaffle, grift, hustle, scam, scheme, swindle or bamboozle) is an attempt to defraud a person or group by gaining their confidence. The victim is known as the mark, the trickster is called a confidence man, con man, confidence trickster, grifter, or con artist, and any accomplices are known as shills. Confidence men or women exploit characteristics of the human psyche such as greed, both dishonesty and honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naïveté, and the thought of trying to get something of value for nothing or for something far less valuable. Confidence men or women have victimized individuals from all walks of life.

SHILL:
Shills, also known as accomplices, help manipulate the mark into accepting the con man's plan. In a traditional confidence trick, the mark is led to believe that he will be able to win money or some other prize by doing some task. The accomplices may pretend to be strangers who have benefited from performing the task in the past.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
SWR said:
Fourthly... why does Art continue to post in these threads when they are so grossly misinformed about the products/scams they defend

I swear, you could offer a 'treasure finding' brick for a high price, and Arthur would defend it and claim you need to 'test' it before you would know it's just a brick.

OP
OP
TabWhisperer

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR said:
Hey Jimbog... sorry your thread got all muddled up and stuff :(

No problem! I figured it would go like this. I was really wondering if someone would brew up some sort of justification for the price increase of the in-your-face scam. It seems Rangertell should at least get an award for continuing the scam.

Attachments

• brass.jpg
    brass.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 529

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Well story on the streets is that they are chick magnets. Maybe they broadcast some subliminal message to the chicks. Yea. that's the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread