Function generators + boosters (Only for Users) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: Function generators + boosters (Only for Users) II

Hey Archetecad,been real busy today,still not had time to do all the calculations. It seems there is just not enough hours in the day,they pass so fast.I am also active in another forum, and share some of my time there also. Both are dear to me in terms of information and friends,but it is more on a professional level of inventors,EE's,scientists,and physicists. Some philosophers also stop by from time to time. Unlike here,most are more than eager to help solve any dilemna or problem relating to their field,but only one has done what I am trying to do. He may or may not help because of a past experince though.He was approached by some businessmen ad they offered him a proposal,build them a long range detector for finding gold and they would equally share the profits. Against his better judgement,he did build one,but since he ddn't fully trust them,he put very little power in it.They were supposed to return with his portion,but never did. He contacted them and they claimed they didn't find anything, and had given up trying. He had already tried it and found some gold with it,but was too busy at the time to pursue it any further.He teaches electrical engineering at a top college in the southwestern US, and has many projects going on, on the side.He is highly respected and is possibly the smartest man I have ever encountered.I have been skeptical of approaching him for help,he would know instantly what I wanted. Others would probably help but it would be trial and error since they haven't done this before. I can do it without them,but there are many calculations and much math and geometry involved.It goes beyond electrical or electromagnetic,it is a field all its own,although some of each are employed. We have a mathmatician on our forum also,but hardly anyone can understand him.I will get it all done sometime shortly,just be patient. rockhound

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box

rockhound said:
Hey Archetecad,been real busy today,still not had time to do all the calculations. It seems there is just not enough hours in the day,they pass so fast.I am also active in another forum, and share some of my time there also. Both are dear to me in terms of information and friends,but it is more on a professional level of inventors,EE's,scientists,and physicists. Some philosophers also stop by from time to time. Unlike here,most are more than eager to help solve any dilemna or problem relating to their field,but only one has done what I am trying to do. He may or may not help because of a past experince though.He was approached by some businessmen ad they offered him a proposal,build them a long range detector for finding gold and they would equally share the profits. Against his better judgement,he did build one,but since he ddn't fully trust them,he put very little power in it.They were supposed to return with his portion,but never did. He contacted them and they claimed they didn't find anything, and had given up trying. He had already tried it and found some gold with it,but was too busy at the time to pursue it any further.He teaches electrical engineering at a top college in the southwestern US, and has many projects going on, on the side.He is highly respected and is possibly the smartest man I have ever encountered.I have been skeptical of approaching him for help,he would know instantly what I wanted. Others would probably help but it would be trial and error since they haven't done this before. I can do it without them,but there are many calculations and much math and geometry involved.It goes beyond electrical or electromagnetic,it is a field all its own,although some of each are employed. We have a mathmatician on our forum also,but hardly anyone can understand him.I will get it all done sometime shortly,just be patient. rockhound

Rockhound

I've had to delete this topic twice because I had problem with the guy I've told you before in my PMs. I expect you understand. I like to keep clean and friendly this thread with people like you, art, and Fenix. About your statement; I have couple projects to realize this years. I would need a MFD, may be buying one or build one. Also, I need you explain a like bit more about "boosters". I'm very interested to use that system with any MFD that I use.

Keep n' touch here.

Arch :thumbsup: :coffee2:

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

SWR said:
architecad said:
Hi Fellows

I like to talk about Function Generators and boosters. Let's keep in subject.

Arch

What are you wanting or trying to boost?

Maybe I can help.

From the Original Post, and Arch's previous topic of the same title, it looks like they are trying to boost the output of a function generator. However they have two major problems to solve before that, if it they ever succeed at it, will be of any use as a so-called "MFD."

They will also need some kind of a receiver section, if they want to detect the "return" signal, from resonating a gold target.

But before they even think about doing that, they need to determine if they can produce some kind of a transmission which will cause a gold target, at a distance, to resonate. And according to rocky, in the first thread of this, they have not achieved confirmation of that yet.

And, of course, they will then need to determine if the resonating gold target will produce it's own signal, strong enough to make it back to their machine, and be detected by it's receiver section. Also, in order to detect it, they will need to determine what kind of return signal it is, in the first place---that is, if they intend to stimulate the target with other than the fundamental frequency, they will need to build a receiver which is tuned to the fundamental, at least in the first stage.

In addition, if they plan on slewing the transmitted frequency around, as they have mentioned, they will need to build the receiver section to accurately follow those changes. And they will need some timing and gating circuitry so that the receiver is off when the transmitter is sending, otherwise it will be just one nasty feedback loop.

So far, all I've heard in the way of design is that they plan to air-couple the output of a sound system audio amplifier to a relatively short whip antenna, which doesn't sound very promising, to me, in any regard.

The whole thing sounds more entertaining than interesting. But I guess we'll see what else they propose.

P.S. They seem to have lost interest in the swingy-thingy LRLs. Maybe we need a list for MFDs?

:sign13:

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

SWR said:
Well, we all know that you cannot boost a frequency from a frequency generator using a sound system audio amplifier.

Not being an audiophile, I missed that point. A mobile sound system booster would be built to take input from the very low impedance output of a car stereo.

Overall, they seem to have been regarding impedance with impudence. Just as with the LRLs.

Well, we will see.

Seeing a scope shot of an alleged return signal, would be more interesting, though.

:sign13:

A Dozen Points Proving LRL Fraud These points have never been rationally refuted.
"The level of sanity or insanity of the subject matter, determines the level of sanity or insanity of the two-way communication attainable in any discussion."

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

There are a few bugs that need to be eliminated,but overall,it is really not very complicated. The first problem deals with frequency,not specific frequency,but the fact that at a low frequency,it takes massive power to resonate a target at much distance. If you go to a high frequency,the FCC regulates the transmitting power output to 5 watts,especially in the RF range. Theoretically,you could resonate a gold or silver target with any frequency,but one close to its signature would have a better response.Transmitting is the problem,not the recieving. Many other factors can affect the transmitting signal causing you to need to vary the signal strength and or frequency. A system needs to be designed to compensate for these factors. My friends say that the actual target itself has a signature all its own,meaning size,shape and composition all have to be compensated for.Knowing your targets values would be paramount for optimum resonance.(ie) a single coin would be no problem, a chest of coins would present a different problem because of shape and composition(presumably the chest would be made of iron),then a gold vien would present another challenge being and odd size.Also causing a large object like a gold vien would require massive power to resonate it.Many calculations need to be done to cover most parameters.Also I need to buy an new oscilloscope,have been looking at a portable handheld unit.More later when I get time. rockhound

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

Hey Arch,check out the SA200 dual band amplifier.It will boost transmit and reciever power by 3 watts. That doesn't sound like much,but the FCC is passing new rules and regulations on all signal boosters. The maximum allowable transmit power is through a single side band CB radio at 12 watts.I suppose to accomodate truckers.All handheld units are 4 watts,or less. I have an older one that is 5 watts. I don't know how much boosting power this will give you on your present setup.Good Luck. rockhound

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

Whoa,not the one I was referring to. I wouldn't even carry that one around.Bet it weighs 20-25 lbs.Talk about getting a hernia lugging that thing around all day long,not counting the batteries to power it.rockhound

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon

If the dowsers spent as much time in the field with an MD, rather than dragging around calculators, audio equipment, cel phones, lab test gear, and who knows what else, they might actually find some treasure.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

Hey guys..I wanted to stay out of this discussion because I know very little about signal generators..But I have some information that may help you. I have a set of GMR325-2 Walkie-talkies. Yes they are old models...They will locate gold and silver. If you have a set of rods, here is the way I can make my point. Put a sample of gold or silver on the ground... Use channel 1 for silver and channel 7 for gold..Have someone hold the send button down while it is on the ground about 10 feet from the target. Now walk between the talkie and the target. I sure hope this helps..Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

rockhound said:
Whoa,not the one I was referring to. I wouldn't even carry that one around.Bet it weighs 20-25 lbs.Talk about getting a hernia lugging that thing around all day long,not counting the batteries to power it.rockhound

I would imagine the amplifier weighs a lot, also.

8)

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

Arch, I was looking for an appropriate reciever and believe the Tecsun PL210 would be adequate. Now all I need to do is design the transmitter. Most of the frequency ranges I want to transmit on are either used or have lots of noise on them. I tried to buy a Long Wave transmitter but they are hard to find.Some are still used by the boating industry,but not really what I want,without modification. I may have to build my own unit. I am going to look at other options first. rockhound

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

Gee SWR,,I think the people who are discuss this subject are the ones who will decide if my post was helpful. Besides that..I was invited to participate..Were you invited or wanted?..Art

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

Yes, Don Jose, I have seen those before and they present an interesting phenomena. Standing waves are interesting.There are some experiments that can be done with tuning forks and singing bowls to exhibit some interesting effects,also. When these things get into resonance amazing things can happen. rockhound

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

aarthrj3811 said:
Gee SWR,,I think the people who are discuss this subject are the ones who will decide if my post was helpful. Besides that..I was invited to participate..Were you invited or wanted?..Art

Originally, they weren't invited because the multiple trouble generated every time they participate. They were warned not participate among us. I posted this thread for users, for people who believe in MFD and use it for treasure hunting. Even I posted the names of them but the didn't respected my sign. However, If I'm who break theirs rules into theirs thread, quickly I will be warned or banned. I call that "Favoritism and over-protection".

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other

SWR and EE: I'm with Archie on this one. Watching the LRL-MFD electronic wannabees grapple with the actual electronic subject matter is great entertainment, and you guys keep interrupting the show.

--Toto

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

SWR said:
woof! said:
SWR and EE: I'm with Archie on this one. Watching the LRL-MFD electronic wannabees grapple with the actual electronic subject matter is great entertainment, and you guys keep interrupting the show.

--Toto

Arch is getting the same results on various other "message boards" in regards to using a frequency generator to "treasure hunt"

GoldDigger1950 said:
Eugene and I both gave you advice on a function generator but this theory you have is not one I embrace. I'm not closed minded about it but just generating a frequency does nothing for sensing long range objects. In addition to the generator, you need a receiver. At this time, the only receiver is you. There are no true long range locators in existence.

Eugene52 said:
Yes , I know . I do not mess with or believe in LRL's or Dowsing rods . The function Generator and the booster are for transmit only experiments . The wireless receive side is something that may never be invented !! I do not know why people actually think a remotely charged target in the ground will send a signal back for miles . In my experience Magnetometers are worthy of study . Again I state for the record : I do not believe in LRL's or Dowsing Rods , Sorry !!! I am just trying to help someone with electronic information . I made no comment on what he needs it for , that is his business .

Like I said a function generator is great to have for the test bench . I had a HP function generator at one time , I should have never got rid of it !! I guess I was misunderstood when I got excited about "Function Generator" I will be more careful next time .

HH.........Eugene

I suggest Arch head over to that 'other' message board where SHARK and others are free to chat about wish science without interruption. :dontknow:

SWR

My message is quite simple but you're kidding yourself; "We don't want you participating among us", so simple. Frank and honestly. If I would have power in this forum to ban you or keep you out from my thread, you would be out long time ago but I can't. I'm being honest with you.

Arch

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

~SWR~
I suggest Arch head over to that 'other' message board where SHARK and others are free to chat about wish science without interruption.
Darn arch...Are you on the wrong forum?..Is this a Treasure Hunting Forum?. Is this board not a discussion board for LRL’s? Why would you want to go to a “Wish Science” board when you want to discus LRL’s?...Art

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

aarthrj3811 said:
~SWR~
I suggest Arch head over to that 'other' message board where SHARK and others are free to chat about wish science without interruption.
Darn arch...Are you on the wrong forum?..Is this a Treasure Hunting Forum?. Is this board not a discussion board for LRL’s? Why would you want to go to a “Wish Science” board when you want to discus LRL’s?...Art

Art

I'm a LRL's user since 1989 and MFD's user since 1992. I will keep using a MFD until I die. I talked with my parents when I die, put a MFD on my coffins and bury it with my body. I proved already with my experiences and finds the signal that broadcast from those MFDs are real and find treasures (at least the MFD I used) therefore, still do you have any doubt? ???

Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread