kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I recently met with a couple of friends I had'nt seen for a while,their combined finds made me feel like a novice.I wish had had a camera with me,but then again they might noy have let me take pictures anyway.
The first of my treasure hunting friends let me look at and hold a couple of barber halves he had found last year, the first being an XF 1893-0,not a bad find but the second was a killer find an 1892-0 micro o Barber half in fine condition worth about four thousand dollars.
The other detectorist friend is known for great finds, he found a 1893-s dollar in VF condition, look that one up! That was few years ago. In December he found the remains of an old pouch with his detector on the outskirts of a railroad town. In the pouch were 12 Barber dimes, 4 V nickels, a barber quarter,a barber half dollar, a Morgan dollar,the remains of a tattered old five dollar bill and best of all 6 gold coins! these included a five dollar coronet and five ten dollar coronets, the oldest being an 1878. It was awesome to hold all of these, he had them in a small display box. This might sound like a wild story, but I held them all! Indeed it makes one feel like a rank amateur. Maybe this year....Kane 23

Upvote 0
In the pouch were 12 Barber dimes, 4 V nickels, a barber quarter,a barber half dollar, a Morgan dollar,the remains of a tattered old five dollar bill and best of all 6 gold coins! these included a five dollar coronet and five ten dollar coronets, the oldest being an 1878.

Wow, Awesome Find!

Allen,
They are good! I have been detecting for 40 years and have many great finds, but nothing compared to these.These two men are no doubt two of the best I have ever known...Good hunting, kane 23

Sounds like it might be a good idea to hang around with these guys a little more often! ;D
LOL!
I could only imagine finding stuff like that.

Hey kane, I've met many great detectorist who can put many to shame, and have met many who have great finds who were real jerks. Your friend who found the pouch, how good would he be without that single find? I believe these guys are "great" because of their personality and they are good at what they do!! I have seen some absolutely outstanding finds in 25 years, from gold coins to a coin an old Marine Warrant Officer found in Egypt that is the only type of that coin ever found, he was great because he was helpful, and he seemed to have enough patience to answer the thousands of questions I had. I have also seen here on this site quite a few coins found that were worth in excess of thousands of dollars too. Coins I've not found, but wouldn't mind holding for a few minutes!! I wouldn't mind holding that mind boggling pouch he found a few years ago, might have to wipe the drool from my face tho!! I think the best coin I have seen(and held!) was a VF 1871 CC quarter found in the early 70's!! BTW, don't take this in a negative way because it isn't!! I'm sure your friends would make many feel like a novice and I would probably enjoy hunting with them, tho they might get tired if I kept asking questions or wanting to hear what the deep targets sounded like on my detector or wanting to hear a few stories from years gone by!!

Like becoming a Christian, one good find is all you need to set you up for life. Oh, and the bragging rights go on and on. "Grampa, tell us again about that old pouch you found...!"

Can you get them to post the finds on here. I would love to see them...

SKD

Kane you are not an amature at metal detecting at all. I think you are really good. Same with JuJu, Captain SE and Silverfreak. All know there detectors very well. I hope someday that I will make the outstanding finds that these guys do! :) I also wish to own the famous 1909s VDB. When i get my two year degree I should have the coin after that :)

Jack,
Your right, these guys are great because of the way they are.in truth I have found many more coins than either of the guys I mention,I have some great finds also,like a ring appraised at $4000.00 another at $3000.00, a 1875 twenty dollar gold piece,a 1849 ten dollar gold and a few others. At the moment though it has been six years since I last found a gold coin. I have also found three 1914-d cents, 6 1931-s cents and a 1916-d dime, along with over a hundred valuable old tokens. But latley it's mostly new change, my oldest coin so far this year a 1900 V nickel.The two guys I mentioned find many old valuable coins every year.
Detecting freak thanks for the compliment. As for these two guys posting pictures, no way, they are very secretive and have nothing to do with internet treasure sites. Oh well. good hunting, kane 23

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back