Davemill

Greenie
Aug 22, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
Detector(s) used
DFX with Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a beloved DFX with Bigfoot coil. Until recently, it would get 10+ hours of hunting on a fresh set of Alkalines, 6+ hours on rechargeables. In storage, Alkalines lasted for years, rechargeables for months.

Recently the batteries die quickly. Yesterday at 4pm I installed factory fresh Duracells. Started hunting at 6pm and found a few coins and lots of trash. Batteries diet at 7:15pm. The detector functioned normally until the batteries died. This is the second time this has happened.

Any ideas? Hopefully some Whites users still see this forum...

HiYoSilverado

Mar 9, 2023
I have a beloved DFX with Bigfoot coil. Until recently, it would get 10+ hours of hunting on a fresh set of Alkalines, 6+ hours on rechargeables. In storage, Alkalines lasted for years, rechargeables for months.

Recently the batteries die quickly. Yesterday at 4pm I installed factory fresh Duracells. Started hunting at 6pm and found a few coins and lots of trash. Batteries diet at 7:15pm. The detector functioned normally until the batteries died. This is the second time this has happened.

Any ideas? Hopefully some Whites users still see this forum...
Dave, I have read that there are some fake Duracell batteries hitting the market. I experienced a failure (corrosion) with a set so I have stopped using them. I buy an established brand of Lithium batteries. Of course, that doesn't explain the discharge of your rechargeables.

bluemask

Apr 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT , CScope 990 XD, Tesoro DeLeon, Fisher CZ3D, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is possible to put a lithium pack (only 1 battery) in the battery box and charge it with external charger. I have it on my XLT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread