Rapture of the Deep – Missed Treasure?

dersegler

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2125851

I was scuba diving somewhere in the vicinity of St. Eustasius. I saw what appeared to be a coral encrusted lock. I wanted to drop down and investigate but hesitated as the estimated depth was ...let's just say "considerable depth". Well curiosity got the better of me as I decided that it wouldn't take but a few seconds to investigate and grab it. As I got down there, the lobster came out from under the coral. I thought, “how cute, that lobster is guarding his precious lock". Certainly the subtle narcosis was starting to affect me as I decided that getting a photo or two would just take another second. After the photo shoot, I decided I had best start back to a safe zone.

To show the strange effects on the mind under narcosis, I had totally forgotten to take the lock with me. In fact, the event was erased from my short-term memory as I surfaced. I did not remember the lock and do not recall telling anyone of the lock. It was weeks later while reviewing my pictures in the comfort of my home that I saw the lobster and the precious lock. I just wish I taken the lock rather than the picture. The Island of St Eustasius has a well-known and very colorful history of piracy, missing treasure and even the discovery of a sunken city submerged in 1687.

OP
OP
D

dersegler

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rapture of the Deep.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread