Rare Barber dime, Fatty Indian, Silver ring and other good stuff.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, Wife is off on vacation time this week so you know me as a die hard hunter I'm out first thing in the mourning. Been really cold lately and it actually snowed on me today while out. Made some good finds these past few days. As you can see there is alot of iron dug. I am concentrating on coins deeper than 6 inches and digging iron is a must. I got a 1862 fatty indian at about 8.5 inches. Really deep coin. Read a solid 28 on the dfx.

Me and my Dad were out today and I dug a rare 1909 D barber dime. I am mad at myself for cleaning this one. It was in great shape but had a very heavy coat of grey oxidation on it. Not your normal silver oxidation. I mean nothing takes this stuff off the silver. I rolled the thought around for a few moments and opted to clean. Lost some detail and I am not thrilled about it but it goes with the hobby.

Not gonna be doing to much more hunting this year. It has to get pretty cold for me to stay indoors though. So don't be shocked in the dead of winter if I make a post or 2. Also I got a nice little silver ring with the stone missing in it.

Thanks for looking guys.

HH Jer

Attachments

• rare barber dime.jpg
    rare barber dime.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 587
  • barber relics.jpg
    barber relics.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jer!

HH

Lonewolfe

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
renegade_7 said:
Nice coins.? Know what you mean about digging deeper and iron.? As you say, "Goes along with the hobby."?

very deep items will often ID as iron, no matter what they are....

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME jer!! You are the master of your DFX thats for certain.WTG on the great digs!!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice coins! I hope you have continued good luck. Tsgman

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Yeah Jake I have been on a spark plug binge these last few months. My son actually eye balled that one. Then he goes dad can I pit this in your pouch. He has a eye for treasure so I let him collect and put whatever he wants in my pouch.

Weather just got really cold here in p.a. Supposed top be 37 sat and 47 sun. So I will probably weather the cold weather on those days.

Have a safe holiday everyone. I'll post back with any weekend finds.

Thanks again Jer

Z

ZumbroKid

Nice finds, i also got some old silver with a very heavy grey coat to it. I have not been impressed with cleaning results and just leave them. Figure time to find another.

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! The wider the range of finds, the more interesting, to me! WTG!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone. I use a Leche digging tool Lisa. I like it alot. You can put alot of pressure on it sand it holds up. Also a large bowie knife works well to.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread